Any good pubs with outdoor play areas in the MK area?

(7 Posts)
Mowlem Fri 05-Aug-11 18:32:54

I'm meeting a bunch of friends around Milton Keynes, and do wondered if anyone has got any good suggestions for a nice pub with good food, children's play area (suitable for babies up to 8 year olds) and easy to get to. Most of us will be coming from Buckingham / Bedford way, so something close to the south of the city would be great. None of us live in / near MK, so if it is close to a main road that would be fab. I used to like the Kingston Tavern (by Tesco) but I understand that has now closed down. So any suggestions gratefully received!

GoldenSnitch Fri 05-Aug-11 21:41:14

The Kingston Tavern has been closed for a while now. I can't think of any others that have an indoor play area although I am on the other side of MK so I might just not have seen them. Sorry, that's not much help is it sad

The Harverster at Loughton or the Windmill at Caldecotte both have outdoor play areas if the weather is nice.

Hope someone else will be along with some better suggestions soon...

GoldenSnitch Fri 05-Aug-11 21:48:58

It's not quite the same but if you wanted indoor soft play, you could try 360 Play in Knowlhill. You'd have to pay to get in but there is then tonnes for the children to do - softplay with separate areas for the babies and bigger kids, dodgems, merry-go-round, imaginitive play. LEGO, messy play, an outdoor area with a huge sandpit, boats and climbing trees - and they do food too.

Not a massive choice but there's burgers, lasagne, baked potatoes, panini, rolls, fishfingers/hotdogs/nuggets for the kids (the nuggets are really nice actually), cakes and ice creams and plenty of places to sit so you could still sit and have your meal while the children played? It would cost more than a pub but might be more fun.

Mowlem Fri 05-Aug-11 21:57:06

Outdoor play areas are fine, but does need to be a pub as not everyone going has got children. Thanks.

GoldenSnitch Fri 05-Aug-11 21:59:49

Ah, forget the 360 idea then. It'd put them off for life wink

AltMama85 Sat 13-Aug-11 16:36:14

Wolverton house has an amazing outdoor activity area and lovely carvery/set menu, look them up :D

Mowlem Sat 13-Aug-11 20:06:37

Thank you. We went to the cross keys last week, but will remember this for next time!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now