Hello...

(12 Posts)
Lexiejack Mon 11-Jul-11 12:05:15

Hi I'm kayley and I live in wolverton with DS and DD. We are getting rather bored of being cooped up all day and I'm not great at meeting people/ finding groups so does anyone know of anything suitable for a 2yr old and 1yr old?

DaveGrohlsgirl Mon 11-Jul-11 12:09:13

Hi,
I also live in Wolverton. My kids are slightly older than yours, but as a starter, look for The Windmill Centre in New Bradwell (surestart), they run loads of things.
Also shapes, which is run out of the Christian Foundation Centre in the square (I think Thursday mornings) is great for children your age, and for meeting other Mums.

Lexiejack Mon 11-Jul-11 12:29:19

Thank u i went to that group once but no one spoke to me lol will give it another go! I love ur screen name. Do u just love him in the foo's or nirvana too? Sorry slightly random

DaveGrohlsgirl Mon 11-Jul-11 12:35:17

Both!! went last week, best concert of my life!!
Try again with shapes, Wolverton can be a bit cliquey sometimes, but if you persist the people are great (promise)
The Windmill centre is really good too, they run loads of different activities, some of them in Wolverton!
Found a link for you

www.milton-keynes.gov.uk/surestart/DisplayArticle.asp?ID=68082

Also, have you been to the park behind Victoria Street?? There is usually always at least one child there. Try and strike up a random conversation, its what I've done in the past grin

Lexiejack Mon 11-Jul-11 13:41:48

Lol!! I wanted to call DS Cobain blush DP was far from impressed!! Do u mean strike up convo with random child's parent? Or with random child as I think there's laws against befriending children at parks?! Lmao! I'll try again with the group and hopefully someone will take pity on me!!

GoldenSnitch Mon 11-Jul-11 15:47:28

Hey Lexiejack, are you looking for things close to Wolverton or are you happy to travel a bit?

My eldest is at Pre school every morning but me and 18 month old DD do a lot of toddler group type things - I just end up travelling to the ones we like rather than sticking close by. I'd be happy to recommend some.

Lexiejack Mon 11-Jul-11 21:44:01

Can travel a bit but DS us a bit iffy with buses. Starts headbutting seats shouting he wants to get off!! blush

GoldenSnitch Mon 11-Jul-11 22:11:41

OK, so you're not going to fancy the lovely toddler group in Walnut tree then... smile

How about Newport Pagnell? Is that relatively easy? There's a good movement and music class in the community hall behind the swimming pool on a Monday morning? They charge £3 per family and run throughout the holidays too.

Or Tuesday morning at the Central library there is a baby song and rhyme time. They do songs and rhymes and stories for under 3's between 10 and 10.30. There are (obviously) lots of books to read, a fire engine to play on and computers for the children to use. It's upstairs in the childrens library so runners can't get too far. DD loves it.

There's a nice Sure Start centre in Great Linford but I've only been one so I'd have to check for the details as I've forgotten.

Pushchairs in the Park happen towards the end of each month. I think this month is Furzton but it changes every time so it's bound to be closer to you soon. Have a look on the Parks Trust website for details.

Do any of those sound good?

Lexiejack Mon 11-Jul-11 22:19:46

The cmk library one sounds quite good. And I can get some books out whilst I'm there- added bonus lol!! Newport is very clichey I've found and I've never even heard of pushchairs in the park so will have a look into that one!! Thank u for all the suggestions grin

GoldenSnitch Tue 12-Jul-11 12:46:19

The P&T groups are quite cliquey I think (I only went to one once and felt so left out I never went again) but Toddler Time in Newport Pagnell is very different. It's not just the usual toys out and cup of tea for the Mum thing, there are two women making complete fools of themselves up at the front playing music and dancing and encouraging the children to join in. Parents can either sit around the sides while the children dance or get down on the floor and join in. They do loads of songs, get out instruments and scarves to wave. It's good fun. DD loves it. It's on for an hour and then there is a biscuit and a drink for the children and Tea or Coffee for the adults at the end.

This week my friend brough biscuits for her Son and before long, she was sharing them with about 6 children who had toddled across for a look (after checking with thier parents obviously) - we're all very friendly smile

If you go to the library, sign up for the bookstart book crawl. They give you a little card to collect stickers on and every time you go, you get a sticker. Once you've collected 4 stickers, the Child gets a certificate and with the first certificate a free book too. DD loves getting her stickers and we've got one certificate now which we've stuck up on her wall. I think they need to be library members to join but it costs nothing to sign up, you just need a proof of address like a recent bill.

Parks Trust events are here There's loads going on over the holidays but I have found that it all tends to be for the School children. In term time, it's much more suited to toddlers.

Lexiejack Tue 12-Jul-11 13:19:31

We're 1 sticker away from DD's first certificate! She doesn't seem as happy about it as me though smile I might try out that one in Newport is it on during the holidays?

GoldenSnitch Tue 12-Jul-11 13:40:22

Yes, although there's a couple missing. They gave us a card on Monday with it all on...

Sessions are every Monday at Tickford Community Hall (behind the swimming pool) except:

25th July and 1st August when there will be no sessions

Sessions on the 8th, 15th and 22nd August wil be held in a different venue due to maintainence works at Tickford. The new venue is the Middleton Centre at the bottom of Silver Street by Lovat Hall.

I think it's then back to the usual venue after the holidays.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now