raynes park - any new mums?

(5 Posts)
nimsy Mon 17-Aug-09 22:08:00

We moved to raynes park a couple of months ago and ds is now 1 week old. I don't know any mums in the area and didn't do NCT classes - just 1/2 day at kingston hosp due to work commitments.
Just wondering if any other new mums in the area would like to meet up in a couple of weeks when dh has gone back to work.

mrshouse Sun 30-Aug-09 20:10:50

Hi Nimsy - My DD is school age now but Amity Grove health clinic does a post natal group. (I know they still do it as heard some mums talking about it in a cafe). I made some great friends through this and it started me off in life here as I also didn't do antenatal. Give you health visitor a ring. Was very friendly. Most people started it when babies were 4-9 weeks. HTH.

mrshouse Sun 30-Aug-09 20:12:01

Also it covered a range of dr's surgeries in the area so hopefully so don't have to be close to amity grove itself - I wasn't.

PheasantPlucker Sun 06-Sep-09 23:52:29

There is a baby and toddler group on Mondays at 10am at St Matthew's Church Hall, SW20. A few of my friends with babies/toddlers attend and have said it is nice.

thehouseofmirth Tue 15-Sep-09 19:42:25

There are loads of mums & babies round here and playgroups are a great way to meet them. As well as St Matthew there is also one on Tuesdays at the Methodist church in Worple Road and one on Thursdays at Christchurch (up the hill towards the village). Also worth contacting local NCT (you don't need to be a member) who run coffee mornings for mums with young babies.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now