Where shall we go today?

(3 Posts)
thehouseofmirth Sat 01-Aug-09 13:24:43

I thought it might be useful to all of us if we could compile a list of local(ish) places we enjoy going with our children. Then, when inspiration is lacking we can pop on here!

I thought a very short description & web address would be most useful. Then a bit like a stats list we can copy & add to the list. I'll start & hope I'm not all alone here...

City Farm Free entrance, small selection of animals, garden great for hide & seek, pony rides, basic cafe.

Bocketts Farm Not cheap but a great day out with animals, tractor rides, indoor & outdoor play areas, giant sandpits, trampolines & pony rides.

Morden Hall Park Big park with streams, garden centre with aquarium NT cafe.

Mumfun Sun 16-Aug-09 10:45:46

Good idea. Cant remember how to do the links but here goes:

Isabella Plantation: Gorgeous garden in middle of Richmond Park. Picnic table at top of hill -as you walk down lovely gardens with river running through, streams and bridges with lovely area with ducks at end

Wimbledon Park: great park, 2 play area, water play area in summer, sandpit, ducks on lake.

Wisley RHS Gardens - just off A3 - beautiful gardens - in different areas have ducks, fish ponds, lily ponds, special vieewing hill to climb up and run down - lots to do and explore. Kids eating area with small soft play area. Often special temporary things like pear house to play in at present

Polesden Lacey: National Trust House near Great Bookham. Kidds woodland play area, great grounds to picnic and play ball. Lovely place to relax

thehouseofmirth Tue 15-Sep-09 19:45:27

Painshill Park 15 mins down A3. Lovely gardens with follies, lakes, grotto & nice cafe.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now