Help finding a venue for my sons First Birthday

(10 Posts)
AC14MUZ Fri 13-Oct-17 05:35:37

Hi everyone

My son is turning one on 2nd December and we are struggling to find a venue! What have others done? We live in a small flat and are expecting around 50-60 people. I've made enquiries at some pubs up in Wimbledon village but oh my gosh so expensive! And then we went down the church hall route but found they don't hire on Saturday or Sunday afternoons. I'm feeling like I should give up sad we really wanted to do something with all our friends and family somewhere pretty that won't break the bank. Any suggestions welcome!!

DoubleHelix79 Fri 13-Oct-17 06:21:56

There is a working man's club down south park road (near the YMCA) , but it doesn't look too inviting from the outside. Will keep thinking - too early for good ideas...

DoubleHelix79 Fri 13-Oct-17 06:26:11

Uh, I had another idea. In south park gardens there is a nice little pavilion and I think a sign says they rent it out. Would be a beautiful setting.

LocalEditorMerton Fri 13-Oct-17 08:27:35

The Garden Shed on Haydon's Road often has its indoor conservatory area (opening up onto large outdoor space) cordoned off for special events AND they're very family friendly.

DoubleHelix79 Fri 13-Oct-17 14:59:18

The garden shed is a really nice pub, good to know they do that

Ambonsai Fri 13-Oct-17 22:08:57

The South Wimbledon community centre on Victory Rd

AC14MUZ Sat 14-Oct-17 14:27:04

Thanks All, I've been in touch with all the venues to see if they have availability!

Ashers40 Thu 19-Oct-17 15:04:27

The scout hall on Ashcombe Road, perfect for that amount of people, has a kitchen and is quite cheap to hire.

alexbbb Mon 06-Nov-17 10:18:03

Hellosmile
The same issue here.
I'd love some ideas for my 2yo son's birthday. I'm aware of all the usual attractions but after something just for her. She loves dancing, water play, animals etc. All suggestions welcomed. I've found a few options via www.findmeaconference.com , but stil I'd like to hear some real experience.

NaiJayne Tue 07-Nov-17 23:09:39

I help manage the bookings for The Lantern Methodist Church Wimbledon (SW19 1SP) - they have good availability for the main hall at weekends at the moment... if that's any help? :-) lanternmethodist.co.uk/

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now