DrBrowns Steam Sterilizer

(4 Posts)
Charlie161115 Sun 22-Nov-15 18:14:39

Hello,

I've just inherited a DrBrowns Sterilizer but it is missing the measuring cup...does anyone know how much water I should add to it?

Thank you,

Jasper

HaydonWomble Mon 23-Nov-15 06:25:48

No idea personally, but I did 'google' it and found instructions which should answer your question.

Hope that helps!

Charlie161115 Mon 23-Nov-15 22:51:03

Yep, I googled it as well and found the same very useful set of instructions...only thing it didn't specify was how much water...just said fill the (supplied) measuring jug up to the 'fill line' - sadly I don't have the measuring jug.

Hopefully someone out there is using a DrBrowns Sterilizer and can measure the volume of the supplied jug :-)

LocalEditorMerton Tue 24-Nov-15 09:53:45

Hi Charlie161115,

I've just had a look at the instructions that HaydonWomble helpfully posted up. It seems to me that the information you're looking for is in the first column here:

Pour 6 ounces (180 ml) of water into the center of the bottom. Use a graduated feeding bottle to measure the correct amount

Warning: Never put any liquid other than tap water into the sterilizer.
Note: Failure to add the right amount of water may cause damage to the products and/or your microwave.

The implication is that you use the 'graduated feeding bottle' (rather than a measuring jug) for measuring the correct amount of water.

I will, however, post up your query on the Mumsnet Merton & Wimbledon FB page in the hope that someone can further clarify/confirm this.

smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now