A marvellous and merry Merton Mumsnetters' meet-up - an invitation!

(46 Posts)
LocalEditorMerton Sun 01-Nov-15 15:51:39

star star star star star star star star star star star star

Many of you are signed up to one or other of the meet-up groups but we have yet to meet you. This is our chance to catch up in person and have a Christmas soiree, if you're interested?

Along with other members of our MN Merton & Wimbledon Book Group (which meets regularly and has been active since the beginning of 2015), we've decided that it would be a lovely idea to have a bit of a 'do' at Absolute Abode in late November or early/mid December - an opportunity to hold an informal gathering, enjoy some great food (and wine) in good company, with the added extra of being able to do some Christmas shopping, all in an enjoyable evening's 'work' wink.

I need to confirm with Absolute Abode what their extended evening opening times are in the run-up to Christmas (I'm sure that I've read recently that they're going to be opening late on Friday nights too, from this month), but know that their Thursday 'Lates' are legendary locally, offering music, fine wine and dining in an informal but design-forward setting.

So if we can book a table on either Thursday or Friday (subject to late opening confirmation) twixt now and Christmas, would you like to come and join us? If you could register your interest on this thread (by *Sunday, 8 November*) for starters, then we can thrash out the finer details in due course.

Thanks smile where are the festive emoticons when you need them??

Kate

TheCommoner Sun 01-Nov-15 17:51:41

I'm definitely in! And I'd love to meet some more Wimbledon MNers. I love Absolute Abode too....so it's all good for me. smile

JinWimbledon12 Tue 03-Nov-15 00:10:42

Ditto for me! Looking forward to it!

LocalEditorMerton Tue 03-Nov-15 17:43:56

Hi ladies

I've emailed Absolute Abode to see what their plans are for late nights in the lead-up to Christmas santa hurrah for a festive emoticon at last! No response yet though...

Perhaps we should consider coming up with a few possible dates at the next Book Group meet-up?

Kate

LocalEditorMerton Wed 04-Nov-15 10:36:04

Hi

Update!

From an email from Absolute Abode this morning: "We're very excited to announce that from Friday 20th November, we'll be open on Friday evenings too! You'll be able to enjoy our fabulous dine dining menu, as well as browse our emporium; all in all - a perfect finish to the working week!"

So both Thursday and Friday are options from late November - good news smile.

Kate

missmays Wed 04-Nov-15 13:04:11

Hi there, I am new to the area. I work 3 days a week and finding it very difficult to meet local mums. It would be super if I could join you for this pre Christmas Soiree. Please can you confirm details, once confirmed. :-)

LocalEditorMerton Wed 04-Nov-15 13:56:22

Hi Missmays

Welcome to Merton! You are most welcome to join us at our soiree - the more the merrier!

Watch this space for more details (I will post something else up, with more definite details, next week) wink.

Kate santa getting in the festive mood even though it's only early November

Bianks Fri 06-Nov-15 13:16:19

Count me in -sounds good!

TheCommoner Sun 08-Nov-15 13:08:11

I can do Thursdays or Fridays. The following dates are free for me:

Thurs Nov 26

Thurs Dec 3

Fri Dec 4

Thurs Dec 11

Thurs Dec 17

Fri Dec 18

Maybe everyone who's interested could all add the dates they can do? At this time of year, I should think the list will be whittled down very quickly! I'd be surprised if there's more than 2 dates that everyone can do.

I had such a lovely time at the Book Group, I'm keen to see this happen!

TheCommoner Sun 08-Nov-15 17:16:05

I just popped into Absolute Abode, and they've got some lovely Xmas decorations - really unusual. Loads of stuff for dc, too.

LocalEditorMerton Mon 09-Nov-15 10:13:39

Hi TheCommoner

You're a star for getting the ball rolling with dates...I too can currently do all of those suggestedwink, although I'd prefer a Friday evening ideally. JinWimbledon12, Bianks, missmays (and everyone else who'd like to come along), please do register your availability by 12 November. It would be great to get the date in our diaries, and for me to get a table (or two) booked at Absolute Abode.

Will post the details across all the meet-up group pages too - the more the merrier. Please give your friends a nudge to come along too.

Kate santa although I'd rather be a Christmas fairy, or even a bauble!

DeccaMitfordsEntryVisa Mon 09-Nov-15 16:08:42

Yes please

DeccaMitfordsEntryVisa Mon 09-Nov-15 17:15:53

I can do all the dates at the moment other than December 18th and Dec 11th. (Isn't 11th a Friday rather than a Thursday?)

Looking forward to meeting some of you at last! smile

missmays Tue 10-Nov-15 10:28:22

Hey, I can do Thurs 3rd, Fri 4th and Fri 11th. xx

LocalEditorMerton Tue 10-Nov-15 16:52:03

So it's looking like Thursday 3rd or Friday 4th December then ladies...Will just communicate that across the 'local' meet-up groups again, giving people two days to add their availability to this thread.

Watch this space wink

JinWimbledon12 Tue 10-Nov-15 17:06:57

Hi, sorry for radio silence. I had locked myself out and needed a chance to get onto laptop to reset password. Both nights work for me - looking forward to meeting/seeing everyone.

FoxForce5 Tue 10-Nov-15 18:07:44

I can do Friday 4th but not the 3rd. Looking forward to meeting other Mumsnetters...

LocalEditorMerton Tue 10-Nov-15 19:06:37

Ladies, perhaps we should provisionally book Friday 4th December into our diaries, pending confirmation on Thursday?

Excellent winksanta

TheCommoner Tue 10-Nov-15 23:17:22

Yes - fantastic that we can all do that date!

LocalEditorMerton Wed 11-Nov-15 07:52:29

Yes, indeed, TheCommoner. And having it in early December just makes it seem accurately seasonally special wink.

I have a feeling that once we've set the date in stone, we may well find some other Mumsnetters encouraged and inspired to come along where's a fingers crossed emoticon when you need one?

Kate

LocalEditorMerton Wed 11-Nov-15 14:38:40

To get you in the mood, this quote from today's Absolute Abode e-newsletter:

"Thursday evenings have become the highlight of the week for many Raynes Park locals; so much so that, as of next week, we'll be opening our doors on Friday nights as well."

Looking forward to what their Michelin-starred chef, Marc Kerrigan, will be serving when we go!

LocalEditorMerton Thu 12-Nov-15 17:12:54

Hi, well I'm a bit hmm. Just phoned to book Friday 4th December and they're totally booked out/up (party of 45!) sad. What about the 3rd or the 11th instead?

I've provisionally booked the 3rd and said I'll get back to them tomorrow afternoon.

Very disappointed as I know that not all of you may be able to make either of those dates.

Thought it was all going so well... GRRR (need a [scrooge] emoticon now).

Kate

TheCommoner Thu 12-Nov-15 18:36:48

Oh, bad luck, Kate. I'm still free on all the dates I listed above. I'm sure we can get another date, but had better do so quickly, I suppose.

Either Dec 3 or Dec 11 would be good for me.

LocalEditorMerton Thu 12-Nov-15 19:07:20

Thanks, TheCommoner. Looking forward to hearing others' opinions too.

Apparently the 4th December is the evening of the Raynes Park Christmas Festival, so it would possibly have been rather full-on for a soiree anyway (she says trying to be positive!).

Bianks Thu 12-Nov-15 22:42:07

Hi all,

I'm sorry I'm a little late in catching up on this thread and all the dates. I could make Dec 3rd or the 11th. I do like the sound of the Michelin starred chef!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now