COMPETITION! Win A Child's JCB Mini Trac Tipping Dumper For Outdoor Fun This Summer!NOW CLOSED.

(63 Posts)
LocalEditorMerton Fri 15-May-15 11:31:40

We have teamed up with JCB Explore to offer local Mumsnetters the chance to win a Child's JCB Mini Trac Tipping Dumper. Built to last (and withstand the rough and tumble of indoor and outdoor play), this ride-on will help develop your little one's coordination and encourage them - hopefully - to play outside.

This bright, realistic, foot-to-floor JCB Mini Trac Tipping Dumper is indeed a perfect ride-on for your little builder. It has a tipping bucket that helps your little one to transport their toys (or even sand, earth, pebbles or leaves, if they're being adventurous) around. Better still, it shares several working features with real vehicles - making it the ultimate first set of wheels! This Dumper also has knee indentation for scooting and a steering wheel with a squeaky horn.

JCB believes in constructive play: "we want to inspire children in their play, encourage them to use their imagination, and where possible, engage them in physical activity. We also want children to explore the world around them and find adventure in their own home and garden."

To be in with a chance of winning a JCB Mini Trac Tipping Dumper ride-on, please comment (on the thread below) on your own memories of outdoor play as a child. (Please note you do need to be a registered Mumsnetter to enter. If you're not already one, why not join us here? It's quick and very simple.)

The competition closes on 14 June 2015 (midday). The winner will chosen at random and notified shortly thereafter. The prize cannot be transferred, redeemed for cash or refunded.

The JCB Mini Trac Tipping Dumper is suitable for Ages 2+.
Its dimensions are: H 41cm, W30cm, D63cm. It weighs 4.6Kg.
It retails at £65 and can be purchased from Amazon, Argos, Asda and Toytastic.

Or why not check out www.JCBExplore.com a new resource website designed for both kids and their grown-ups!

KARENCOWLEY23 Fri 15-May-15 12:21:27

We played so much hopscotch and stuck in the mud, we were never in doors xx

laurabuu Fri 15-May-15 12:30:24

UseD too climb tree and alway be in the garden Or on my cousins farm

mrsmag14 Fri 15-May-15 13:06:17

I have so many memories to choose from. I remember coming home from school, doing my homework as quickly as I could so that I could get outside with my younger sister and our friends. There was at least ten of us playing together, sometimes more, and we loved to play games such as 1, 2, 3 tig, What's the Time Mr Fox? and rounders. It was even better fun in the summer when cousins came to stay with us and our friends and the group was even larger!

We also used to love going to our granny's farm along with our cousins where we would play endless games of tig - a certain corner of the garden was "safe" and you couldn't be tagged there. We would have been playing and running about for so long that our faces would be bright red and we were panting for breath!

I also remember fondly how we would stay out until it was almost dark and all you could hear were all the mummies shouting for all their children to come in! Good times!

lolly2010 Fri 15-May-15 14:11:17

I remember gong to the park with my friends on my bike, and playing out the front of the house after school.

jueperry Fri 15-May-15 14:43:38

I can remember moving into a new house which was first to be finished so basically we were living on a building site. Me and my sister went exploring after school... Got stuck in mud and went home barefoot after loosing our new school shoes!! We thought we were in trouble but lovely Dad just fell about laughing!

alienbuffy Fri 15-May-15 15:24:12

Playing on my bike , skipping and hopscotch , hide and seek was a great game to play when we went to the park as there was lots of trees and bushes to hide behind, in the winter we love building igloos when we got lots of snow and sledging on anything we could find

WarmHugs Fri 15-May-15 15:59:10

We were never indoors when I was young. We didn't even have many toys, not anywhere as many as many as my DC have today!

We loved skipping, hopscotch and lots of ball games. We could play two balls against the wall for hours and hours!

Notagymbunny Fri 15-May-15 17:11:13

Skateboarding with my brothers down the 'big' hill - I went back to the hill a few years ago it was little more than a gentle slope

summerpuddingandclottedcream Fri 15-May-15 17:37:48

The best memories were the times my brother and I were allowed to play outside unsupervised (we must have been 9 and 11). We'd bike through the local park, looking for plums to pick, and play hide-and-seek in the laylandii.

Was the only time we got on!

A great prize, btw - my littlest DS would LOVE it.

BeachBumMum2 Fri 15-May-15 18:55:48

I grew up in the middle of nowhere, which I loved when I was primary school aged (and hated as a teenager, obvs). My friends and I used to pack a rucksack and go on an 'adventure', which usually involved trudging around a field, making notes on the random things we spotted. When we were old enough, we rode our bikes down to the beach. Happy days. It sounds idyllic but the reality was that my poor mother had to do 40 mile round trips carting me and my friends to each others houses (it was a tad lonely out in the sticks). But when friends were around it was brilliant: rounders, 40 40 it, making daisy chains...
Amazing prize. We are moving house and the new garden is just about big enough to enjoy one of these!

hanliying Fri 15-May-15 19:43:07

We play hide and seek in little alleys and back streets. Hours of fun!

nettjam76 Sat 16-May-15 07:49:02

I used to play with my neighbour in the puddles along the alleyway that ran behind our houses. We used to have so much fun just splishing and splashing!

HaydonWomble Mon 18-May-15 06:57:54

My brothers and I used to play junior commandoes in the nearby woods (country upbringing) - making dens, throwing knives at trees, making camp fires etc....drinking water from the stream. Happy days!

Carolineellerton Mon 18-May-15 15:35:17

We live next door to the woods so I used to always be in the woods making dens and climbing trees! That was until I fell out of a tree and broke my wrist then I was banned and was only allowed to play on the street, I was very much a tom boy!
My son is the same, he is always outside and regularly escapes to the point we now have an alarm on the front door.
I prefer kids to be outside playing and getting mucky rather than inside in front of the tv /ipad /Xbox!

LupitaWoods Mon 18-May-15 19:29:04

Zooming down the hill on my bike and landing in the blackberry bush at the bottom is a very fond memory. Covered in grazes and blackberry juice, and not a helmet or knee pad in site. Happy days.

AcuAnia Tue 19-May-15 14:02:43

we used to always play outside, all days long, and whenever any of the kids was hungry, they used to shout 'mum!' and all the mums in the neighbourhood would open the windows and look out to check who was calling. and then the mums used to throw the snack or lunch in a plastic bag out of the window (I used to live in a flat in a high building). also, i remember eating lots of plants growing outside (wild plants) and i never got sick, how clever are kids, intuitively knowing what's good for them.. mind you, I would really worry, if my kids did it now! seems like the whole epoch ago!

MertonDad75 Sun 31-May-15 09:59:11

I see JCB and can't help but think of this tune m.youtube.com/watch?v=k3WhQB7Hq0Q
Trucks. What little kid doesn't live 'em?

AmandaEgg Wed 03-Jun-15 22:10:33

I grew up on a farm and we use to spend hours outside building dens in the old barns, climbing trees and making adventures. Those were the best days before grown up life got in they way!

FlatCat Fri 05-Jun-15 18:10:33

Growing up near Richmond Park involved lots of bike rides, climbing trees, making camps in the brackon and picnics as children, first with my parents and then on our own as we got older. My most vivid memory was copying my brothers going down a very steep hill on my bike and flying over the handle bars and braking my arm! That hill became known as broken arm hill in my family and still is today!

scoJWO123 Mon 08-Jun-15 15:02:25

We used to make a make shift tennis court using garden canes as a net and spend hours playing or going to woods and making dens .... Fun times

alienbuffy Mon 08-Jun-15 19:09:08

We had a big with lots of room to play , we had a set of swings nd a slide , there was a flat area we could ride out trikes, in the summer dad would get the paddling pool out and we had so much fun throwing buckets of water at each other, In the winter whe it snowed really deep my dad would help us make igloos

jamielmdjs Mon 08-Jun-15 19:10:01

Football, football, football. All day, every day until it got dark.

We didn't need a goal. Any wall. 2 trees a distance apart. The shutters at the main entrance to the local factory. Everything became a goal.

Nowadays, it's a rarity. Too many 'no ball games' signs. It's a crying shame.

compy99 Tue 09-Jun-15 07:49:54

we used to spend lots of time in Richmond Park and along the river, I always remember my Mum taking me to Kingston Market on a Monday morning. I have so many happy memories.

MillionPramMiles Tue 09-Jun-15 09:08:37

We used to make dens in the woods (and come home filthy).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now