Bicycle parking at Wimbledon/South Wimbledon station

(5 Posts)
keai7 Thu 20-Nov-14 16:35:39

Hi,

Can fellow residents advise if I can find secure bicycle parking close to Wimbledon and South Wimbledon stations?

Thanks

Willemdefoeismine Thu 20-Nov-14 20:39:16

DH uses cycle parking area that's within Wimbledon Station (the building). Think it's a room off the stretch with the shops - near the platforms for overland trains/trams rather than the Tube ones. Sure if you ask the staff they'll be able to point you in the right direction.

DH says there's a passage that runs behind the shops (which you take to get the lifts down to platform level) and the secure cycle parking is off there!

South Wimbledon Station wouldn't be as good a bet, I wouldn't have thought!

keai7 Tue 25-Nov-14 16:34:08

Many thanks for the info! At least there's one station we can cycle to.

Anyone can confirm cycling facilities for South Wimbledon station?

LocalEditorMerton Wed 26-Nov-14 12:44:35

Not convinced there are robust cycling facilities at South Wimbledon Tube Station. It's situated on a very busy crossroad to 'arterial roads' and the pavement is not over wide on any of the four crossroad 'corners' to be the home to cycle racks (or the modern day equivalent!).

Certainly there's nothing secure...so even if you did lock your bike to something nearby, you could not be assured that it wouldn't be stolen at some point in time.

MajorClanger63 Sun 07-Dec-14 09:32:30

The secure storage at Wimbledon is the only place I trust leaving my bike for more than an hour . Having had my bike stolen at Colliers Wood. Station I wouldn't trust South Wimbledon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now