Merton To Be Mumsnet Site of The Week in April - 10 Reasons To Visit Merton....

(7 Posts)
LocalEditorMerton Thu 06-Mar-14 14:41:56

700 words to sing the praises of Merton. Can you help draw up the list? All suggestions welcome - it's your chance to help pitch our borough to the wider Mumsnetter community.

Mumsnet Merton's initial thoughts include:

Cultural festivals (Wimbledon Bookfest, Colliers Wood Arts Festival, The Merton Arts Trail, AbbeyFest.....)

Wimbledon Tennis Championships (and The All England Lawn Tennis & Croquet Club and Museum)

All suggestions gratefully received. Thank you! smile

VictoryGirl Thu 06-Mar-14 19:23:36

Polka Theatre
The common!!
Great pubs
John Innes Park
South Park gardens

Willemdefoeismine Thu 06-Mar-14 20:52:34

Curious as to which pubs you would put on your list, VictoryGirl????

I would second The Polka Theatre

It's a bit tedious but it's surely worth celebrating that the average house price in Merton is lower (£400,000) than surrounding boroughs! So it's more affordable (I apply the term loosely!)

What about local celebs - apart from June Whitfield and Annette Crosbie. Can't believe there's not loads in Wimbledon Village???

Kings College School.....(isn't it regarded in the London Top 5 Day Schools) and others???? (clutching at straws!

VictoryGirl Thu 06-Mar-14 22:04:23

Gosh,plenty of great pubs. Love the Hand in Hand, Crooked Billet, Rose and Crown and the Dog and Fox. The Alexandra is good too, I like the atmosphere and it is seems to have a good vibe.

Willemdefoeismine Fri 07-Mar-14 21:15:44

Must be a sign I'm getting old (or just that since I've been in Merton I've had the children around with me!) but I haven't been to any of those pubs blush. All in Wimbledon? I'm intrigued by the Crooked Billet!

VictoryGirl Fri 07-Mar-14 21:45:03

Get the to the village! Our five year old generally comes with us so it's usually a drink after a walk. Love them!

HaydonWomble Fri 07-Mar-14 22:20:45

It's got to be the green spaces of one sort or another - from John Innes Park and South Park Gardens to Morden Hall Park and Wimbledon Common

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now