What's Merton's Best Kept Secret Place To Visit/Go To?

(12 Posts)
HaydonWomble Mon 09-Dec-13 19:25:36

Or would that be telling?

VictoryGirl Mon 09-Dec-13 20:24:57

John Innes Park
Stage Door on Broadway for steak
Breakfast at the Gooseberry Bush
Cakes at Eggs Benedict
Doughnuts in the Lawn Bakery in the village
Elys beauty department
Wimbledon Books

HaydonWomble Mon 09-Dec-13 20:54:19

Good suggestions - and I'm afraid to say I haven't been to any of them except for Wimbledon Books!

The Thai restaurant at Merton Abbey Mills is fab though....
and the revamped Gorringe with its basement cinema!
HMVCurzon which is fab and offers a peaceful respite from busy Wimbledon!

Luna3438 Fri 13-Dec-13 22:09:41

Windmill Museum is interesting place for children to visit. Nice food in close caffe/food bar followed by walk through woods, make day complete!

HaydonWomble Sat 14-Dec-13 09:27:29

The Buddhist Temple is very peaceful and beautiful too (and just across the road from the Windmill Museum) - and they do lots of ace yoga lessons/workshops including very useful ones for 'wired' children.

Giflow Mon 16-Dec-13 11:27:35

Cycled to Mordern Hall Christmas market, this weekend, and enjoyed all the stalls but our little treat was a jar of pumkin jam, something new for our tastes buds.

Inneedofstrongblackcoffee Tue 17-Dec-13 06:15:39

South Park Gardens. It's an absolute blessing especially when you may have had a hectic time in Wimbledon with DC and they need to let off steam before heading home. Great place to have a picnic lunch too if you want to get out of the crowds. The paths are great for scooters. And there are public loos too although may only be open during the summer. Only 5 min walk from town centre.

VictoryGirl Tue 17-Dec-13 18:33:49

Forgot about SPG. My favourite place to chill. Or one of them!
Also love the new cafe in Elys, think they've done a really nice job with it.

Willemdefoeismine Mon 23-Dec-13 10:36:30

I haven't been up to the top floor cafe in Ely's for a while - missed out on the children's tea party this November as my DCs are really too old for it now ;-(

m2mmlistings Sat 04-Jan-14 22:51:45

Organic butchers on Leopold road
Wimbledon Park playgrounds and waterpark in summer
and mum2mum market! www.mum2mummarket.co.uk

Willemdefoeismine Tue 04-Feb-14 07:04:43

And there's a fantastic new cafe called Lu-Ma at the Justin James Hotel on Worple Road - if you're keeping up your new healthy living resolutions (and even if you're not!) it's well worth a visit for some fabulous, fresh wholesome food and the brownies were to die for!

Helenetta Fri 28-Feb-14 23:03:15

Iyara Thai restaurant South Wimbledon - sigh lovely food and ambiance and welcome
Filled croissants from Italian deli beside Nelson Hospital
Sit in garden in summer in Aya restaurant when water fountain working
Great dressing up box in Polka Theatre foyer to age 10
New tech campus on 1st floor WImbledon library where they have older kid suitable events - Hack Wimbledon every other Saturday

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now