ballet for 3 year old

(6 Posts)
OliviaL Tue 05-Jun-12 22:13:40

Just coming back on this - my DD is going to the Siegeris Dance School on Victory Road (not to far from you I think wobblypig?). She loves it and the teacher Jennifer is a dote.

O

Primafacie Fri 20-Apr-12 12:57:40

Our 3 year old goes to Wimbledon Dance Academy (across the street from Wimbledon High) and loves it. I am pleasantly surprised by her progress (she started in January, so still recent), though I must say there is no grace whatsoever smile!

As far as I can tell, most girls are quite intimidated at first, so don't be surprised if she does not jump into it at the first lesson. Also Mrs Olga has quite a thick Russian accent, which takes some getting used to.

wobblypig Mon 16-Apr-12 21:34:26

Thanks a lot - will investigate .

OliviaL Mon 16-Apr-12 08:18:06

Hi
I have a three year old and have sent enquiries to the Siegeris School. Just waiting for them to come back to me. I will report back!
O

merrymonsters Mon 16-Apr-12 00:06:35

Kathryn Caple does classes at St Andrew's Church Hall on a Saturday. I think you can start at about 3 and a half. Her email is kcaple113@btinternet.com. My daughter doesn't do it anymore, but it is a nice dance school.

Otherwise, there is a franchise called Babyballet. There is a website, which lists classes. Babyballet is fun version of ballet and great for younger kids.

wobblypig Tue 20-Mar-12 20:06:51

Hi

Can anyone recommend a good ballet class for a 3 year old who is quite shy. I really want to bring her out of herself and aid her self-expression - she has speech delay. A friendly little class would suit. Any suggestions?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now