Advice on a good private paediatrician in wimbledon area

(5 Posts)
daysem Wed 05-Oct-11 19:57:42

Hi,

Our DD has been suffering from constipation since she is six months. We have tried all natural remedies (lots of water, prune juice, lots of fiber, orange juice, activia etc.) have been very careful with her diet and been to the GP almost 20 times. Finally our GP has prescribed movicol, a mild laxative (which worked for the first month) which does not seem to be working any more and our DD has not passed any stools for the last three days.

We are very concerned as this seems like chronic constipation, we are clueless and faith in GP's in this county.

Can anyone recommend a good private paediatrician in Wimbledon area?

Many thanks.

ChinaInYourHands Wed 05-Oct-11 20:58:04

Just ask your GP for a private referal.

MaitreKarlsson Thu 06-Oct-11 12:19:18

Hello, he is not in Wimbledon but I would recommend Dr Andrew Sawczenko. He is an excellent paediatrician, based in Harley St and I think the Cromwell hospital.

The problem he helped us out with sounds exactly like yours, so it might interest you to know it ended up being a severe intolerance to cow's milk. Once we put my son on to Oatly as an alternative it cleared up overnight and has never bothered him again. I feel for you - it is so worrying and so painful for the child.
PM me if you want to know anything else!

whiteoleander Fri 07-Oct-11 17:35:54

I like Dr O'Connell at Parkside - he is a great paediatrician and also at the Cromwell etc. But you might want a gastrointestinal expert anyway - many will want a GP referral anyway. Good luck.

daysem Wed 12-Oct-11 16:11:42

Many thanks for taking the time. I think we will try contacting Dr Andrew Sawczenko and Dr O'Connell.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now