Venues for Christening reception

(3 Posts)
MrsTMT Sun 11-Sep-11 15:49:16

Hi,

Can anyone suggest or recommend a nice venue in Wimbledon (hall, private room in a pub etc) for a reception after christening?

Thanks in advance! smile

wobblypig Mon 12-Sep-11 11:16:47

The Holy Trinity Church Hall is good. You pay by the hour APPROX £25 per hour; there are kitchen facilties and if it is a nice day you can open the doors onto the paved/planted area. I used it for DS' birthday party. You canaplly on line and the lady who organises it arranged for hte key to be dropped round to my house. There are tables and chairs available and you can play your music although you have to bring the music player.

MertonTsarina Sun 18-Sep-11 19:00:46

Where's the christening? Presumably the church you're using doesn't have a suitable hall?

The Garden Hall at St Mary's is lovely here.

There's also the Marchard Hall on Ashcombe Road (behind the Crown Kindergarten) which is nice but I can't find contact details for it online.

Depending on what you want and your budget it may be worth looking at restaurants. A friend recently had a christening party at The Olive Garden in Raynes Park and got a suprisingly good deal.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now