charity in SW20 0r SW19 accepting abby clothes/ maternity stuff

(7 Posts)
mumofpe Sun 04-Sep-11 23:07:41

Hi all

I have done huge clear out. I was putting if off and off as I love so much my son and daughter baby clothes that I was unable till now to make any decision about them.
Any way I would like to give the clothes to charity, I just don't know what charity really.

So, any ideas?. I'm not crazy about selling the items.

Help and ideas about what do people do with the "baby stuff"..would be great.

gazzalw Mon 05-Sep-11 09:06:29

There's a place in Mitcham called the Vine Project which might be a place to start. Alternatively don't Women's Refuges normally take good quality baby stuff?

mumofpe Tue 06-Sep-11 23:16:41

Thank you. I will contact the Vine project. It does says they have a project with kids needs and they might welcome toys, clothes and nursery stuff. However it say at affordable prices, so I wonder if they re-sale the items.

I would be very interested to hear about what people actually do with most of their baby clothes. I do not have close family with small children and my friends kids are same ages that ours.

People do not tend to accept these type of things unless they are close friends.

Let see how it goes.

gazzalw Wed 07-Sep-11 18:19:34

Good luck....We kept good stuff in case and put the rest (which was still in good condition) in charity clothes banks at the supermarket- even if they don't sell them or pass them on to people in need in developing countries, the money made from rags (if it comes to that!) goes to charity....
Toys - charity shops or schools (Nurseries and Reception classes often grateful for good quality toys for appropriate aged children).

mumofpe Fri 09-Sep-11 22:54:30

I found that Prince Alice has got a Children dedicated shop in Kingston so i might drop by with some of the stuff.

Thank you for your help

gazzalw Tue 13-Sep-11 19:53:57

Good for you!

Furhana Fri 16-Sep-11 21:50:28

Hello - you could try Homestart Merton which is based near the Tandem Centre.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now