Rokeby boys in Wimbledon

(7 Posts)
Maarias Fri 05-Aug-11 19:52:19

Hi, my son is starting in year 1 at Rokeby next term.
Am very keen for him to get to know some boys from the school before he starts, preferably some who are local to us, as it's going to be quite a transition for him going from his local primary to a new school!
Not had too much joy trying to do this through the school so am hoping this route might work!
Anyone?!
Mariax

Maarias Tue 09-Aug-11 22:14:10

Oh dear, no responses! Anyone?!?!x

gazzalw Tue 16-Aug-11 14:19:31

Maybe try the general primary school thread in 'Education' Noticed a conversation about Squirrels in Wimbledon. Merton members don't seem very active on local threads!
Good luck!

wobblypig Wed 17-Aug-11 22:50:46

Have you tried putting' Rokeby' into search - may show up people who go there. Agree Merton board is slow.

Maarias Thu 18-Aug-11 10:30:39

I have, but not getting much joy! I am still very much in two minds about the school tbh, even though terms starts in just over two weeks!
How are you getting on at Willington wobblypig? How is the new head?

wobblypig Mon 22-Aug-11 23:34:26

Haven't had much contact. He is 'acting head' and describes himself in a letter to parents as very much part of willington- thinking. He was already part of the staff.
I have nothing to comapre it to as DS is my eldest but I am impressed by the school-parent communication and the settling-in process . We have had 3 meet ups pre-term start and they have given us times for school start for next week. Boys in reception start in staggered groups of 5-7 which sounds good.They seem to have good pastoral care and outline the approach to rewards and discipline. Lots of focus on team play/sports and exercise as well as classroom work.

So - fingers-crossed.

Hope you find out what you need to know - it is such a leap of faith.

wobblypig Fri 26-Aug-11 23:32:15

Met the 'acting ' head - much younger that previous has young children . Seems really nice and welcoming . I was relieved.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now