Need a hotel near the childrens hospital manchester - any ideas?

(6 Posts)
Lewismum Fri 26-Jun-09 22:47:48

Am exhausted looking. Found one, rang, he seemed nice, said he would 'find us a room' if we rang tomorrow, checked reviews and it is described as 'absolute hell' by many people. So dont really want to take my 2yo there

But I will be on foot and cant figure out how far away they are, does anyone know one near the new childrens hospital? (back of st marys)

cornsilk Fri 26-Jun-09 22:51:15

There is a travel lodge not too far away. About 2 miles.

cornsilk Fri 26-Jun-09 22:52:08

When are you going Lewis?

Lewismum Fri 26-Jun-09 23:18:00

Tomorrow! Flippin nightmare, I could get the train home but ds may have to have an operation and I want to be close. I could walk 2 miles, which is it? I cant figure out which is which, they all have stupid names rather than 'thetravellodgenearthehospital' which would be useful

thanks cornsilk

choppychopster Sat 27-Jun-09 00:02:51

There's an Ibis on Charles Street (behind the BBC) and I think that the hospital/university bus goes pretty much right past the door or you could get one of the hundreds of buses down Oxford Road.

Hope it all goes ok tomorrow. smile

Lewismum Sat 27-Jun-09 09:42:48

thanks choppy, no room at the ibis (looked nice tho!), have booked sportcity travelodge, have until 12 to cancel if its a mistake - would appreciate a warning if necessary! will check back soon, am gathering stuff to take to hospital for ds

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now