Only child!

(4 Posts)
Wheelierach75 Mon 31-Jul-17 16:28:41

Hi,

we live in Brooklands and have a beautiful, 8 year old daughter who is full of fun & mischief (and perhaps the odd hormone already!!!) We/she have lots of friends dotted about but only know 2 other onlies, 1 lives in London & the other in Lymm. I have mixed feelings about her having no siblings, but my husband is fine with it and she is happy as Larry! I feel quite sad that the odds of having more have pretty much run out now, but I don't feel desparate for another child now, thank goodness! She has cousins in the Midlands & Hong Kong, all of whom are quite a bit younger so even if they were closer geographically, I'm not sure there would be a closer bond. At school, she has lots of friends (she's very sociable!) but doesn't have a bestie but then that's pretty common at this age.

What I would like though, is to try and build a network of local people who also have onlies. Not because I want to form some kind of exclusive club but because I feel the dynamic is differerent with 1 child. Does anyone else feel like this? I know this might be narrowing our chances but meeting onlies near my daughter's age would be great.

We are in Brooklands (between Sale & Timperley) & can travel if necessary.

Look forward to hearing from some lovely people!

Thanks,

Rachel

Mummy287 Wed 25-Oct-17 12:56:15

Hi Rachel, my daughter is 10 so a little bit older so I'm not sure if your DD would be interested in making friends but we struggle because we just moved to Altrincham last year and she is still attending her old primary so she doesn't have any local pals. We live up near Dunham, she often goes to Little Sports Coaching in at Alti Boys during the hols as I hoped she might meet some local friends that way too.

Mummy287 Wed 25-Oct-17 12:56:29

Hi Rachel, my daughter is 10 so a little bit older so I'm not sure if your DD would be interested in making friends but we struggle because we just moved to Altrincham last year and she is still attending her old primary so she doesn't have any local pals. We live up near Dunham, she often goes to Little Sports Coaching in at Alti Boys during the hols as I hoped she might meet some local friends that way too.

Mummy287 Wed 25-Oct-17 12:56:42

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now