Advice on still birth

(3 Posts)
manc82 Sun 26-Jan-14 21:07:32

Hi all,
Looking for some advice. I had a baby a couple of weeks ago. A friend who lived in the town was also due. Sadly her baby was stillborn. I feel so terribly sad about the whole situation and am very unsure about what to do. I sent flowers, texted and got a nice reply. I don't know her well enough to call to her house. I have seen her at baby groups but know she is not ready to see my baby so stayed away apart from a passing, Hello, how are you? I did send her a message after to say it was really lovely to see her there but no reply. Any advice on what to do next? Do you think I should stay away from our toddler group? I plan on going alone with my toddler next week and leaving newborn with hubby so she might be more able to have a short chat- i am not sure what to say.... HELP....

itsahen Mon 27-Jan-14 22:31:30

I can't help but we did have a still born in the family a few years ago and you are not alone in your feelings. I was pregnant at the time. I would seek advice on the support forums for those who have experienced this

arianah2014 Wed 05-Feb-14 14:54:30

Hi!
I had a stillborn @8mths.For a year nd a half I was a mess.I had counselling but it wasn't working for me.so I gave it up after 3sessions.but In an Asian environment its hard cause pple visit you in@the time of grieving.with questions that r hurtful to write on this net.yeh I couldn't look at any babies for months.but times a great healed.chat to her when she's ready.avoid going with your baby to visit cause deep inside it hurts.for a women its hard cause we r more emotional than men.times a great healer!after
that experience.I now have 4children so you should never give up hope.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now