Nursery fees in Altrincham/Hale/Timperley

(4 Posts)
clairet064 Thu 11-Apr-13 22:47:23

Hey ladies. We're starting to think about finances towards the end of my maternity and whether or not to send our little boy to nursery. Ideally, I'd like to stay home however I'm not sure that will be possible.

Without this sounding rude, please can you let me know roughly how much nursery fees are in this area?

Thanks

Itsfabupnorth Fri 12-Apr-13 09:53:19

HI, it's been 6 years since I was in the Nursery world , fees vary a lot, my friend pays £50 per day but if your in all week then there is usually a discount, 5 days for 4 that sort of thing. Areas do vary on price, I actually used a nursery near where I worked as opposed to where I lived which made it a lot cheaper and also I felt nearer him if there was a problem, but that was just me. If you take a look at the nurseries on the website it may give you an idea of some of the choices http://local.mumsnet.com/manchester-trafford/nurseries Just as another option I used a childminder for my last little one, found it cheaper and more flexible but my job had changed and it matched that better.
Hope this is of some help

MarthasHarbour Tue 23-Apr-13 13:33:52

I cannot recommend Homeland Day Nursery on Navigation Rd highly enough. The monthly fees are approx £50 per day but i can check when i get home if you like? They do a discount if you do a full week. This is on a par with most nurseries in the area.

Childminders are slightly cheaper but you have to consider that you need to take your holidays (up to 6weeks per year) in tandem with them.

HaleMumto3 Thu 02-May-13 12:04:57

Hi there. I think it depends on which nursery you choose and for how many days you'll be sending him. Although there is a daily rate, it is rarely 5 x daily rate for a full week if you see what I mean (you often get a slightly better rate if you send him for the full week). My daughter's nursery is £835/month for 3 days, which works out at £64/65 per day, but if you had a full time place, the weekly charge would probably work out closer to £60 per day. It is slightly more expensive than other nurseries in the area but it is worth every single penny.

I would recommend the nursery to anyone (my DD absolutely loves it) so feel free to pm me if you want further details.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now