Seasonal Flu Vaccination and Pregnancy

(2 Posts)
ValBB Tue 04-Oct-11 16:43:19

Hi my name is Val and I work for NHS Manchester. I just wanted to share with you the leaflet below.

It is titled "Pregnancy and Flu" - Important information for pregnant women about the seasonal flu vaccine:
www.manchester.nhs.uk/document_uploads/flu_and_you/Flu_pregnancy_leaflet_2011.pdf

If you have any questions about the flu vaccine, please ask and I can work with our Public Health lead to respond to you.

Many thanks Val

ValBB Wed 05-Oct-11 15:48:56

Manchester, it’s that time of year again where we are promoting the importance of having a seasonal flu vaccination.

The vaccine is available free of charge from your GP practice to the following groups:

• People aged 65 or over
• All pregnant women – it is safe to have the flu vaccine at any stage of your pregnancy
• And people who have:
o Diabetes
o A chest problem or breathing difficulties (such as asthma, bronchitis or emphysema)
o A heart problem
o Kidney disease or liver disease
o A neurological condition (such as Parkinson’s or motor neurone disease)
o A low immune system due to disease (such as Cystic Fibrosis or Crohn’s disease) or treatment (such as cancer treatment)
o Had a stroke
o A problem with the spleen (such as sickle cell disease) or if the spleen has been removed

Children with any of the conditions listed above or who have previously been admitted to hospital with chest or breathing problems should also have the vaccine.

Seasonal Flu leaflet http://www.manchester.nhs.uk/document_uploads/flu_and_you/Flu_leaflet_2011.pdf

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now