Playgroups in Childwall/ Mossley Hill and surrounding areas

(15 Posts)
Cuppa72 Mon 19-Jan-09 12:49:50

Hi

Anyone got any recommendations for playgroups in Childwall? I have a baby and 3 year old and want to go along with both. I don't mind travelling a bit to find somewhere good.

cuppa

mazzystartled Mon 19-Jan-09 13:00:23

there is one called sticky fingers at the frontline church in wavertree [not far from you i think] that is legendary - never been as i am in crosby and its a bit far
also one on lark lane

Ledodgy Mon 19-Jan-09 13:08:15

My ds goes to sticky fingers on a Thursday it's fab and not too far from chilwall or Mossley hill. In mossley hill they have a playgroup in All Hallows Church I think. There is also a good playgroup (one were you leave them there) near mine in Saint Mary's church hall on St. Mary's Road.

Ledodgy Mon 19-Jan-09 13:10:12

I also go to a nice small one in Gilmour School community centre on a Tuesday afternoon.

Ledodgy Mon 19-Jan-09 13:10:43

I have a 1 year old and a 3 year old. smile

Ledodgy Mon 19-Jan-09 13:11:14

I also have a 5 year old but she's in school!

mazzystartled Mon 19-Jan-09 13:26:06

ledodgy would the sticky fingers lot be ok with us coming from a way away, do you think? i have heard its ace. is there a waiting list

Nemoandthefishes Mon 19-Jan-09 13:27:33

sticky finger is the best..have been going since ds wa 8mths and he is now 5. Over the summer they even do a couple of all day sessions that you can take the older children to. Hebe and sarah run it and are lovely..I got from huyton to it.

mazzystartled Mon 19-Jan-09 13:29:58

nemo i was thinking about taking dd along this week or next - will you be there? the last time i saw you the dds were enormous bumps

Nemoandthefishes Mon 19-Jan-09 13:33:28

lol mazzy..i tend to go either thurs afternoon as its quieter but PITA as have to run and get ds or fri morning if I can face the crowds...suppose no reason I couldnt go on a thurs morning. DDs are now 3 and 2..have another bump now though!!

mazzystartled Mon 19-Jan-09 13:36:27

another one! lovely! when is it due?
am still contemplating a third, but life keeps getting in the way
anyhoo, we might give it a whirl one thurs and will give you a shout if we do - can you just show up or do you think i should ring first?
sorry for the hijack cuppa - but maybe see you there too!

Nemoandthefishes Mon 19-Jan-09 13:39:31

due mid june so summer one for a change..lol
Just give a call to frontline but thurs should be ok as not a busy..friday is the worst day I think.

cuppa they also do a wednesday morning

Ledodgy Mon 19-Jan-09 13:41:07

I think Thursday is the quietest day. Jack and Tom go with mil. I think there is a waiting list but we didn't have to wait for Thursday morning. They'd be fine about you coming from afar Mazzy I don't live very near there at all.

Ledodgy Mon 19-Jan-09 13:42:36

If you both go on a Thursday morning make sure you say hello to my mil. Nemo you've met her before haven't you?

Nemoandthefishes Mon 19-Jan-09 13:46:11

yes ledodgy met her a couple of times.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now