Witnesses for a wedding?

(24 Posts)
MrsStrauli Thu 19-Oct-17 15:01:00

Hello,

Me and the LOML are getting married at Liverpool Town Hall on the 11th January at 10am.

For various reasons - personal preference, family stuff, $$$ - we're making it just the two of us and then getting straight on a plane to stuff our faces with pasta in Sicily.

I'm so excited about getting married to him (I have kissed ALL the frogs) and the wedding is the perfect one for us. BUT...we have a problem with witnesses. We would ask friends but we've only just moved to Liverpool so can't ask our friends to travel for what will be a thirty-minute ceremony! Besides, if we ask one and not others there will be fireworks - and not the happy wedding type.

So, we were wondering if any hopeless romantic would like to help a couple in love? It will take about 30 minutes I'd imagine and in return, I'll offer eternal gratitude, a bottle of fizz and cake!

If you can help us out - or can think of another way out've this loophole! - do get in touch smile

Kleptronic Thu 19-Oct-17 20:03:02

Oooh me and my other half can do it! How splendid.

Howmanysleepstilchristmas Sun 22-Oct-17 00:48:23

Me, me, meeee!!

ScouseQueen Sun 22-Oct-17 20:28:50

I could do this too!

loveisasecondhandemotion Sun 22-Oct-17 22:03:00

Oh I could too smile)

You will be fine, us scousers pride ourselves on our friendliness.
I love seeing things like this.

Been engaged for nearly 9 years and still not got married, your thread has just reminded me grin

loveisasecondhandemotion Sun 22-Oct-17 22:03:32

Or we could all have a local meet up after the wedding smile

Kleptronic Mon 23-Oct-17 08:57:18

A meet up afterward is a sterling idea!

MrsStrauli Mon 23-Oct-17 22:08:54

Hi all,

Sorry for the delay in replying - I put it on the main site and got mightily confused about what was where!

Within minutes of putting it up a lovely woman and her husband volunteered! I've got to say the loveliness of everyone has made for a wonderful wedding memory! smile

As for a meetup, I'd love that. I only know a few people and would love to know a few more!

loveisasecondhandemotion Tue 24-Oct-17 06:41:35

We seem to be in a small minority here ( mumsnetters in Liverpool) so I think a meet up would be an excellent idea...

I often say to people " oh I saw this thing on mumsnet..." and they look blank.

Like minded people is the way forward!

Shall we do it? grin

If everyone posts their general postcode, as in first part, we can get a rough idea where everyone is and go from there.

I will start- I'm L28

BeansMrSeanAndHeinz Tue 24-Oct-17 08:54:25

MrsS congratulations, was going to offer my services but see you have it sorted.

Then I was excited to see more Liverpudlians. We’re L12, up for a meet up too.

GinNeeded Tue 24-Oct-17 15:10:16

Another L12 here!

BeansMrSeanAndHeinz Tue 24-Oct-17 16:25:46

Is two L12s enough to start a West Derby massive? I bet we’ve already met!

Kleptronic Tue 24-Oct-17 19:44:24

I'm L22. Exciting!

Howmanysleepstilchristmas Tue 24-Oct-17 20:37:09

L13 here!

MrsStrauli Wed 25-Oct-17 11:25:46

L17! This is great smile

AnnabellaH Thu 26-Oct-17 12:02:56

L17 also!

loveisasecondhandemotion Thu 26-Oct-17 22:46:50

I used to be L12 smile on a very large private estate near to a park with the same name grin

So shall we get it arranged? There's enough of us surely.
Any thoughts/ideas?

I'm really excited.
Most of the MN meet ups are in London so we're definitely in need of a local branch...

BeansMrSeanAndHeinz Fri 27-Oct-17 10:01:51

open to suggestions but Porkys ski hutte looks fun with a cable car booth. Disclaimer haven’t checked prices!

BeansMrSeanAndHeinz Fri 27-Oct-17 10:23:15

Good old Wetherspoons at the Fiveways
Alchemist - cocktails in town
Jenny’s bar has good reviews

Kleptronic Fri 27-Oct-17 10:39:10

Reckon it will be town, because we're all over - north, south, Stockbridge Village, West Derby. I've written two posts for this on the app and neither of them made it through!

I organised a meet up some years back, it was good fun but some of us were the worse for drink and needed taking home to a far away place, that was not in the plan!

Shall we make another thread with our names on it and Liverpool Meetup in the title, that way more people will see it because we're under a Wedding at the minute? And maybe put it on the main board too. Also if MrsStrauli wants to come we'll need to pick a day not her wedding smile

loveisasecondhandemotion L28
BeansMrSeanAndHeinz L12
MrsStrauli L17
GinNeeded L12
Kleptronic L22
Howmanysleepstilchristmas L13
AnnabellaH L17

Hope that's everyone so far.

GinNeeded Sat 28-Oct-17 17:34:56

Klep That must be 4 years ago! I was due to have twins any day then so daren't go! They just started reception in September!

Kleptronic Sun 29-Oct-17 12:16:54

Blimey reception! Doesn't time fly! <waves>

MrsStrauli Tue 31-Oct-17 10:07:14

Sorry I keep dropping out of the chat...I'm new to these boards and they don't always tell me the chat is happening!

This all sounds like a great plan! Happy to go anywhere where there is booze and good chatter smile

CishAndFips Fri 03-Nov-17 21:02:43

How romantic I see you have this sorted now so just wanted to say congratulations. Work commitments aside I'm also definitely up for a meet up.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now