Any parents in the Southpirt area interested in baby sign and communication skills?

(1 Post)
Emmasuz1978 Tue 16-Dec-14 14:38:48

Hi My name is Emma,

I am a mum of an 8 month old baby girl and I am currently on maternity leave. I recently moved to the area in November and need mums in the Southport area to give me their views. I have worked for the last 12 years with children and adults with various needs including hearing impairment, dual sensory loss and also physical, mental and behavioural disabilities.

I am thinking of setting up my own Baby Sign language and communication classes. They will be run on a course basis between 6-10 weeks and work on teaching parents a form of communication using signs from British Sign Language for pre verbal children. The aim is to teach parents a method of communicating with their child in a fun way which can help improve the bond between parent and baby. It also helps to reduce frustration and tantrums for baby by giving them a communication method to express their needs before they can use their own voice.
I wanted to know if there was a demand for these types of classes in the area and if you are interested and have any questions I am happy to answer them.

Thanks for giving me your time and I look forward to hearing from you all smile

Emma x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now