Taking children on holiday during term time

(4 Posts)
Lauryna Tue 11-Nov-14 13:23:03

I need some advise.
We live in United Kingdom since 2004. My son going to Y3 and now for medical reason I decided to take him back to our country to see the doctors.
He will be off-school only one week, it's 6 days really.
I informed the school in the morning and after an hour I received a phone call from the school that my son will be taken off-roll and loose the place but when we come back the lady ensures we will get the place back.
I'm really disappointed we only will be of for 6 days and this is not the holiday purposes???( We have been off school for three and a half days since September)
Could you advise what to do... Thanks
One thing it makes me worry if it will not affect our school records in a future?

LIZS Wed 12-Nov-14 09:51:52

Doesn't sound right for him to be taken off for one week, even if unauthorised. The head cannot authorise absence now except in exceptional circumstances although medical treatment might be considered one. Did you make it clear ?

LIZS Wed 12-Nov-14 09:53:59

you also might get more response by posting under the Education or Primary Schools topics than a local one , as it isn't area specific.

LiverpoolLou Sun 30-Nov-14 19:28:20

I'm a HT & you can't take them off roll until they've been off for 20 consecutive days smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now