Relocating to Liverpool Area - Advice please!

(4 Posts)
Craftycat123 Sat 08-Nov-14 11:28:16

Hi, my husband has just accepted a job in Aintree so we are looking to relocate from the North East with our 2 children aged 4 and 6. Can anyone please advise on a great family area to live with good schools - and those to avoid too!! We were looking for my husband to have about a half an hour commute by car or train. We were looking at Southport, Ormskirk but are unsure of where to start really, your help is much appreciated.

Iris27 Sat 08-Nov-14 11:56:07

Hi,
I have heard (and my limited experience also believes) southport and crosby are nice, but I live in Liverpool itself so can advise on areas in Liverpool? South Liverpool has nicer areas/schools than north Liverpool - good places to live are: Allerton, Woolton, Mossley Hill, Calderstones, Grassendale, Childwall....

Further afield, anywhere on the left side of the Wirral, or Frodsham, are also lovely.

Let me know if you have any specific questions
x

Craftycat123 Sat 08-Nov-14 22:04:17

Thanks for your help! i am going to check out the areas you mentioned, im thinking of maybe opening a cafe or sandwich shop do you think any of the areas you mentioned would be good for that, or do you know any for sale... its a long shot i know but if you dont ask.... lol.xx

mrspdursley Thu 04-Dec-14 19:41:22

Hi im based in crosby which as Iris says is Sefton not Liverpool. It takes about 15 mins to aintree from here whereabouts is your dhs job? If it's aintree hospital then crosby to aintree is doable in rush hour in 20 mins. I've done it lots for hospital appointments! Advantages of Crosby lots of good primary and high schools both state and private. We've got the beach and the Anthony gormley status. A cracking pool and lots of fab restaurants and shops all in walking distance. And even better it's 18 mins on the train to liverpool City cente and the shops and 24 mins to Southport. If you want any help or more info on schools or areas let me know.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now