Ageing rock chick seeks similar

(17 Posts)
queenofthestoneage Sun 01-Dec-13 13:51:24

Hello, i am 48 and a Stay at home mum of one. I would love to make friends with anyone similar who would like to meet up for drinks or go to occasional gigs. I love punk/indie/rock music eg. Clash, pixies, hives, nirvana, qotsa. It would be so good to get out a bit more!

xlatinlyndax Tue 10-Dec-13 01:36:15

Hi im willing to meet up looking for new friends anyway im also a bit rockchick into punk got my nose pierced im early 40s.

queenofthestoneage Wed 26-Mar-14 18:53:51

Hi, so sorry for delay, i only just realised I actually got a reply! Be great to meet up if you still fancy it. Maybe go for a few drinks? I used to like the swan in town. Apart from that I haven't got a clue which places are any good these days! X

kinetic Thu 27-Mar-14 12:09:26

Hey the two of you, can we make it 3? I've got a nose ring if it helps!

queenofthestoneage Thu 27-Mar-14 16:13:54

Ooh yes, the more the merrier! Hello kinetic, aren't you also on the group meet up section? It would be great to meet up for a few drinks if poss, perhaps I will send the other mum a message in case she never checks this thread again! Do you know any good places to go in town? I'm well out of touch i'm afraid but used to like the swan or the pilgrim. Have also had good nights out in mello mello (seel st) and sound food and drink (duke st). They both have bands on sometimes.

kinetic Thu 27-Mar-14 18:48:42

I am! There's about a bazillion new trendiferous places in town nowadays, happy in the Swan to start though me, maybe we could go and show the kids how it's done, see how we feel!

kinetic Thu 27-Mar-14 18:49:38

Do you have the same name on the main board? It's ringing a bell.

kinetic Thu 27-Mar-14 18:51:13

It's a bit tumbleweeds on here, people post once and don't come back, I've been thinking of starting conversations with meself! <sad>

queenofthestoneage Thu 27-Mar-14 20:52:20

Yes, i have same name on main board! 'See how we feel' sounds like a brilliant plan to me! I'll pm the other mum and see if she fancies a night out! Unfortunately my first available night would be Sat 5th April due to partner working shifts, but I know that's grand national day so I expect town will be a bit crazy! Would weekend or weekday be best for you?

queenofthestoneage Thu 27-Mar-14 22:07:06

Yes, i have same name on main board! 'See how we feel' sounds like a brilliant plan to me! I'll pm the other mum and see if she fancies a night out! Unfortunately my first available night would be Sat 5th April due to partner working shifts, but I know that's grand national day so I expect town will be a bit crazy! Would weekend or weekday be best for you?

kinetic Fri 28-Mar-14 09:11:59

I'm Kleptronic on the main board. It would be rammed, but probably there'd be no fascinators in the Swan! I dunno, might be too hectic, travel wise too.

Weekend's best for me but it can be in the week at a push. Didn't someone on the meetup thread say they can't do weekends? We don't have to merge the meetups but it might be nice?

kinetic Mon 31-Mar-14 23:07:34

How about Friday 11th April, 7pm, the Swan?

queenofthestoneage Tue 01-Apr-14 10:16:15

That'll be great! See you there. X

kinetic Tue 01-Apr-14 10:25:02

Smashing. That's two then!

kinetic Tue 01-Apr-14 22:17:46

Three, biglips is coming! Were you going to pm the OP, queen?

queenofthestoneage Wed 02-Apr-14 09:54:23

Yes, have sent her a pm but no reply yet unfortunately. Really looking forward to the meet up!

kinetic Wed 02-Apr-14 15:34:17

Me 'n all. Biglips and catrules are coming too, yay!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now