Please tell me about Lincolnshire (LN4)?

(12 Posts)
JeSuisUnaStubbs Tue 28-Feb-17 10:30:49

Hi All,
My work have tentatively agreed to a transfer up north later this year, which means a move to Lincolnshire. To be in a decent commute to work I'd need to be in LN4 or possibly LN10 but we know very little about the area.

We've lived rurally and been isolated for 15 years so we'd like to be somewhere with a bit of community to it but still pretty quiet and green. We have a 5 year old in mainstream and a 3 year old with profound disabilities so we need to think about a special school that isn't too much of a commute for her. Our budget is 325k and we'd like a 4-bed detached with a big garden, and preferably not a new build.

Thanks in advance if anyone can help.

MrsPnut Tue 28-Feb-17 10:54:12

I'd look at Bracebridge Heath (ln4) or Waddington (LN5) both are big busy villages with easy access to Lincoln. There is a special school at the bottom of the road from both villages into the city and it is easy to get out to Metheringham/Coningsby from there without being very rural.

MrsPnut Tue 28-Feb-17 10:55:46

www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-59994032.html Within your budget!

JeSuisUnaStubbs Tue 28-Feb-17 13:50:17

Thanks for the info MrsPnut. That house actually works beautifully with the downstairs bedroom and bathroom for our daughter!

MrsPnut Tue 28-Feb-17 15:01:44

You're welcome, if you need any more info or want to run things past me then please get in touch. We moved here nearly 10 years ago with work.

Doobydoo Tue 28-Feb-17 15:48:27

That looks a decent house. Only thing re Conningsby is planes! I live near and they are very loud indeed. Not sure if Waddington has plane issues or not?

Frillyhorseyknickers Tue 28-Feb-17 19:18:44

Nocton is probably one of the nicer rural villages in LN4, Bracebridge is getting a bit too close to Lincoln. The cliff villages are very popular but you can get quite a lot for your money in Lincolnshire.

LauraLincoln Thu 27-Apr-17 21:19:36

Hi, I would recommend Washingborough, Branston, Bracebridge Heath, Waddington areas. All nice areas to live with good schools with good local shops etc. If you want somewhere more rural then the villages towards Metheringham are quieter and smaller with varying degrees of local shops etc. The two main secondary schools that serve the LN4 local area are in Branston and near to Bracebridge Heath (Priory LSST).
I am also a local (and in LN4!) and I love it round here!

LauraLincoln Thu 27-Apr-17 21:20:33

Wah sorry didnt see how old this thread was!

JeSuisUnaStubbs Tue 09-May-17 21:07:07

Thank a for the info. Still looking and still interested in any replies!

JeSuisUnaStubbs Tue 09-May-17 21:08:19

I will be working at Waddington so that will be ideal. We are used to aircraft noise so not a problem :D

MrsPnut Tue 09-May-17 21:09:31

Waddington village is lovely and the local school is brilliant.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now