Newbies settling in to Lincoln life

(15 Posts)
Lazymazy1 Mon 19-Dec-16 10:59:47

Looking to move into South Lincoln from different area of the country.
All the people have been really friendly whenever visiting, just wondering how easy newbies to Lincoln have found it settling in when living there?

CrazyCatLaydee123 Mon 19-Dec-16 12:25:23

I made my hubby move up 5 years ago. He has quickly made loads of local mates, including neighbours. Do you have kids, or any hobbies, that will help get you out meeting people?

Lazymazy1 Mon 19-Dec-16 14:50:23

Have two children and lots of interests 😊 Thanks so much for your response, nice to hear your hubby has settled in.
Is there a good fb page for local stuff to do do you know?

MrsLegume Mon 19-Dec-16 18:41:38

Hi, we live in a village south of Lincoln and we moved here 9.5 years ago. We have settled in well and made friends but it did help that our youngest has been at primary school here.

MrsLegume Mon 19-Dec-16 18:42:16

There are a few Facebook pages, I think i belong to most of them and then filter out what doesn't interest me.

pullingmyhairout1 Tue 20-Dec-16 07:02:52

I'm south of Lincoln in a little village too and I love it here. People have been very friendly.

MeredithShepherd Tue 20-Dec-16 17:15:42

I'm in a village north of lincoln and live it here too. I'd never move!

Lazymazy1 Wed 21-Dec-16 14:23:35

Which area would you say is most family friendly - south lincoln /villages to the south

MrsLegume Wed 21-Dec-16 16:39:18

I'd say almost any of them - it really does depend on the ages of your children and what they need. Most local pubs are family friendly and it is a safe area to live and grow up.
Our village has quite a lot going on for small children and also youth club a few nights a week but when you live in Lincolnshire then you get used to driving quite a bit. Our daughter does judo, cubs, swimming, rugby, piano lessons and wildlife group and of all of those rugby is the only one that we have to cross the city for.
We live in one of the Cliff villages and I am happy to offer more specific advice if you need it.

CrazyCatLaydee123 Wed 21-Dec-16 19:15:18

I'm in North Lincoln but I know some people in Witham St Hughes and it seems nice, if a little bit Stepford wives-ish.

Lazymazy1 Wed 21-Dec-16 19:40:34

Thank you for your replies. I worry there won't be much to do for my two boys ( 8 & 5) , so you've put my mind at ease x

Notayellow Wed 21-Dec-16 19:41:13

Found it a bit cliquey if I'm honest. More settled now but I think it depends which area you go to imo

Lazymazy1 Wed 21-Dec-16 19:46:42

Can I ask where you found it cliquey?

Notayellow Wed 21-Dec-16 20:21:47

South of Lincoln, smaller villages. Had the air of having to be third gen local to be accepted, but that was just my experience though. I found the suburbs of the city didn't have that but as it was bigger it was more isolating (for want of a better word) as harder to integrate to already established friendship groups. im now north of the city and joined the pta as soon as I enrolled my children which has helped. It's a lovely city compared to others I've lived in, very laid back and not so hectic, I'm sure you and your children will be very happy here 😊

Lazymazy1 Thu 22-Dec-16 13:10:46

Love the PTA idea, something to get involved, help and integrate at the same time.
Sounds as though a large village would be more ideal . But you can still be close enough to shops etc

Thank you for the replies

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now