We're moving to bourne

(3 Posts)
Bournenewbie Tue 09-Jun-15 12:25:01

Hi, i have two children 3 1/2 and almost 5 and we're moving to Bourne, hopefully towards the end of July, fingers crossed. I was hoping for some advice regarding the local area please? Parks & clubs that you'd recommend etc... My husbands family are nearby but we won't know anyone and are starting afresh! My daughter is a member of a dance school in Birmingham doing jazz and modern and i'd like her to continue with a similar school if at all possible? Does anyone know of any schools nearby? As my little boy will be starting in Year 1 in September I'd ideally like to be able to meet up with others that are in Westfield Reception if anyone would like to get together for a play date? Thanks & really look forward to your replies/suggestions?

Pinkylou23 Mon 22-Jun-15 16:53:45

Hey, we are moving to a village just the other side of spalding in 3 weeks time and I have to say I like you know nobody - I am bricking it a bit! I have 2 boys (11 and 6) and we are townies. I have no idea what's around the local areas for things to do either! Always a out for a chat or coffee when we get up there as Bournes not to far from where I'll be x

Plumbread Wed 01-Jul-15 21:57:05

Hi, welcome to south Lincs! A Facebook page worth checking out is Bourne Parents. Lots of links from there as well for things like plumbers and other trades.

There are two parks in town, and another good spot is the play area at Grimsthorpe Castle (local stately home). Town has Beavers/Rainbows, thriving junior football teams, and there is a dance school/lessons somewhere, Another source of info is Bourne Directory and try the library in the centre of town.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now