Relocating from the south

(4 Posts)
emsiepav Fri 31-Jan-14 19:58:14

Hi there. I was hoping you may be able to help me. My husband has got a new job in Boston so we are moving :-) We are looking anywhere within a 30min drive from Boston, but we are not really sure where?! We have a 8month old baby and are quite keen to meet new people with babies as we no no-one in Lincolnshire. Hoping there may be a nice pretty friendly village with good nurseries/primary school, coffee clubs ect. Areas that we thought were potentially Woodhall Spa, Sleaford, Spilsby and Spalding but not really sure. We also like walking and swimming. Anyone got any suggestions? Many thanks for your time ;-)

MrsLegume Fri 07-Feb-14 08:38:56

Woodhall spa is lovely, Sleaford seems to be quite nice but I would live as far from Boston as he can possibly commute.

LocalEditorLincolnshire Wed 12-Feb-14 12:48:39

Hi and welcome to MNLincs, always great to have new members. This county is so widespread there are so many options you can look into.

Small villages are aplenty in and around Sleaford. Or there's Stamford and Bourne is very sought after. Spalding is a bit busier but schools can be hit and miss and the town centre isn't brilliant and needs some updating. Boston is bigger and more central but not sure I'd want to live there. There are some amazing places to live so let me know when you find somewhere :-)

LauraLincoln Tue 18-Feb-14 20:19:15

Hello!
Woodhall spa is really lovely, there is a great selection of shops and a lovely old-fashined cinema and outdoor swimming pool (Jubilee Park). Bit of a drive though from main town hubs, depends what you're looking for! It is also very friendly and theres a great Deli and Cafe there. I really love Woodhall Spa but it all depends if you want somewhere rural, towny or in-between! Horncastle is a 15 minute drive away, they have a children's centre.
Sleaford has a newly refurbished sports centre which anyone can access, but like most of the pools in Lincolnshire school groups use it during the day time. It also has a children's centre. Also has some very good secondary schools if you're planning on staying here that long?!
Unless you move into one of the main towny places, you must be prepared to drive to access services as the transport isn't great.
Hope that helps!
Good luck with your move

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now