Stay and Play clubs / playgroups

(4 Posts)
BlueberryHope Wed 16-Sep-09 15:19:42

*Hi Mommies!* Am new to Mumsnet... I have a nearly 8-month old little boy who is now bored of our house as is crawling and pulling up and generally into everything, like exploring the recycling box and his Dad's shoes etc... Have done nice baby massage when he was teeny, and singing at the library, but can anyone recommend a nice stay and play session? In Brockley/ Telegraph Hill/ Lewisham? With nice mommies and soft things/ toys/ books for babies? Look forward to meeting some of you sometime smile Xxx

cassell Wed 16-Sep-09 19:05:40

I've heard that the "Baby Bunch" group at the health centre on Turnham Road (SE4) is supposed to be good and is aimed at under 18mths so better than some of the others which seem to be mainly for older ones although I haven't managed to make it along there yet (keep intending to though!) It's on Thursdays at 3pm.

The playgroup at St John's Church (next to St John's station) has also been recommended to me (again haven't managed to make it there yet...) I think it is Wed & Thur mornings 10-12.

Now that the weather is worsening and I can't wander around Hillyfields/Telegraph Hill then I'll have to try some of these things! My ds is 5.5mths and also gets bored if we stay in the house all day (so do I to be fair!)

Also bumping this for you to see if any other local mums have any bright ideas!

KCD47 Wed 16-Sep-09 23:29:21

I like the St John's group - have been going for nearly 3 years now. Friendly and informal with a reasonable range of toys etc.

GasandHotAir Tue 03-Nov-09 14:44:11

How about this more for you but a good way to spend an afternoon...

Gas and Hot Air is an hour long, daytime comedy sketch show about pregnancy, childbirth and early motherhood. Performed by new mums Helen Rutter and Natasha Joseph and written over breastfeeding, sleepless nights and copious amounts of weight watchers cake. Babies under 1 are welcomed with open arms as long as they can't move much and don't mind a bit of fruity language.

Where? The Hob, 7 Devonshire Road, Forest Hill, SE23 (opp Forest Hill station)

When? Every Thursday at 2pm from 29th Oct - 26th Nov

How Much? £6

Email: boxoffice@edcomedy.com

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now