Noobies antenatal course reviews?

(7 Posts)
ZhouZnlai Sun 19-Mar-17 09:26:51

Hello All,

Apologies if this is discussed in a different thread, but I'm trying to find some reviews for the Noobies antenatal course offered by NHS midwives and am drawing blanks. I believe it's a fairly new course that the NHS is trialling out. It's 6 weeks for £250, so a bit more than an NCT class I believe.

I'm expecting baby no. 1 this August and am definitely in the market for an antenatal course. All my other parent friends have recommended NCT, largely only to meet parents in the area. I'd be keen for any advice on NCT vs the normal NHS courses or this new Noobies course. Has anyone taken this one? If an important aim is to also meet people, than is NCT still the way to go? I'm assuming that any class you chose will teach the basics, right??

Thanks for all your help!

LocalEditorBromley Tue 21-Mar-17 22:36:56

Hi ZhouZnlai - this is a new one on us - we hadn't heard about the Noobies antenatal course so can't advise. We'll share this on Facebook/Twitter, and check in with one of our midwife contacts to see if they can shed any light. Hope you get some useful feedback.

LouHewlett123 Wed 09-Aug-17 09:31:49

Hi ZhouZnlai, I have the same question as you regarding NCT and Noobies. We have a Noobies course that is at a better time/location for us so was also keen to learn more on what thoughts were on one vs the other.. how did you get on? Thanks!

LBMG Mon 14-Aug-17 21:07:33

Hi there

I also have the same question about nct vs noobies (though in Kingston not Lewisham).

Has anyone had any experience with the noobies course??

I feel really torn as noobies seems to sit better with us on paper (well, on website) but can't find any reviews.

Thank folks!

minifingerz Tue 15-Aug-17 17:24:15

You'll be lucky to find much feedback on Noobies as it's very new.

My understanding is the founder of Noobies is a midwife who had a senior role at the hospital - she's started up this business and must be giving the hospital money/have a husband working in a senior position at the hospital or something, so the hospital is now exclusively promoting their provision of private classes and keeping shtum about offerings by other organisations. Noobies has no track record as it's new.

All hail the new NHS. Lots of money to be made by private individuals contracting out services to hospitals. hmm

<disclaimer - long time volunteer and fund raiser for NCT, feel sad that my charity will lose out in this area of London, and a bit miffed that the NHS aren't giving impartial recommendations to women about private services>

MrandMrsDuck Fri 01-Sep-17 11:15:11

HI All
I'm looking into Noobies because the opinions I've got on NCT are that its good for meeting people but you don't necessarily receive an overview of all the options and advice is limited to the personal opinions of the coordinator of the class. In my local area NCT costs 375.00 and Noobies is considerably cheaper only problem is the location and dates aren't suitable so will have to go to the Surbiton class when I'm based in Worcester Park and id like to meet some local new parents. Noobies sounds more modern and sounds like I will receive advice from midwifes who work in the hospital ill be going to.

LondonClaire Thu 05-Oct-17 09:30:06

Just finished a Noobies course and thought it was great- just posted a review in a September 2017 mumsnet thread on this topic in case you want more detail! Obviously I've no experience of NCT classes so can't compare, but my partner and I were really impressed with Noobies and would def recommend.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now