Moving to Hither Green in March/April...any tips?

(2 Posts)
confusedbuyingbee Mon 21-Dec-15 13:59:43

Hello,

We are moving to Hither Green in March/April time when DC1 will be about 4 weeks old. Just wondered what sort of mum and baby community there is round there? Can't seem to find loads on the internet but maybe I am not looking in the right places.

I'd also like to know if anyone does any baby swimming classes - again the internet is proving pretty useless!

Any hints/tips very welcome.

spacepoodle Fri 08-Jan-16 17:44:14

Hi confused.

I have only just found out I'm pregnant so can't recommend as such, however I've lived in/around Hither Green for 5 years now. There is a great local community and lots of families in the area.

Water Babies run baby swimming sessions at a few sites in Lewisham: www.lewisham.gov.uk/inmyarea/sport/get-active/Pages/club-details.aspx?directoryid=4149

Aquatots also have classes in Catford: www.aquatots.com/index.php

Mummy's Gin Fund is a website aimed at parents in SE London so there should be some useful info on there: www.mummysginfund.co.uk/

Try joining the "Come Hither to Hither Green" Facebook group - lots of people post events and everyone is friendly. Cissy Wears is a great little shop on Hither Green Lane and they're bound to know of lots of local groups for mums. Also worth a try is Arlo & Moe on Springbank Road; a lovely cafe that serves great coffee. They are very breastfeeding friendly too. I went in there the other week and I was the only person not breastfeeding!

I'll let you know if I think of anything else that may be useful. Good luck with the move and the birth of DC1 smile.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now