Need a cleaner

(7 Posts)
grumpasaur Tue 16-Jun-15 12:34:15

Hello! I feel very middle class posting this, but am really clueless. DH and I have decided to get a cleaner. Does anyone have any recommendations or tips? We are in the Brockley area and have never had a cleaner before. Do we need insurance? Do we pay holidays? Any good cleaners you know of?

grumpasaur Tue 16-Jun-15 12:35:49

Also, would you say we need once a week or is a twice weekly deep clean enough? One bedroom, no kids, I am a bit particular about having a clean house so it doesn't get too messy, though we do have hardwood floors and a shedding cat!

grumpasaur Tue 16-Jun-15 22:21:05

Shameless bump!

bakker88 Wed 17-Jun-15 14:17:14

Hey
I has similar questions couple of years ago when I decided that I need some help with the house cleaning and a friend of mine recommended me Housekeepers London They were really nice the first time I called them and answered to all of my questions. I can't tell you how often you'll need a cleaner but if you explain the details to them I'm sure they'll help you.
It's been some time since I've used their services but lately I see many offers on their facebook page so maybe I'll call them agaon soon

LocalEditorLewisham Wed 17-Jun-15 21:34:53

Hi grumpasaur! We used a company called AL Cleaning. They are based in Sydenham/Forest Hill but cover the whole of SE London. Rates are reasonable and we've always had a good experience with them. Once a week sounds like enough for your place - you might even get away with once a fortnight. Good luck!

grumpasaur Wed 17-Jun-15 21:53:15

Thanks guys! I was so sad that no one had responded to my very boring but very important thread!! I will check out both of them :-). I know it sounds lazy but I am fortunate to have a tiny bit more expendable income than I used to and really want the luxury of a clean house!

LeonThompson Sat 20-Jun-15 17:15:06

Hi grumpasaur. This is by no means an unbiased recommendation but I would definitely recommend the service provided by my company, Maid Impeccable ;-)

Ha - there is definitely nothing 'middle classed' about hiring cleaners these days - more and more people are finding that modern living means they have less time.

Feel free to message me so that I can find out exactly what you need and I'll tell you more about the service that we provide.

Thanks

Leon

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now