Should we move to Crofton Park?

(3 Posts)
Northlndnmum Sat 04-Oct-14 14:23:22

Hi, am really confused and hoping you can help. I currently live in north London (Queen's Park) but can't afford a house round here, so have been looking south-east as it is so much more affordable. We have seen a house we really like in Crofton Park, but I am really agonising about whether to go for it as I am not sure about the area, it seems very residential and the trains from the station are infrequent. Would love to hear from people about whether they think this is a good place to live with a young family (DD is nearly 2), what the schools are like, how you find transport connections, local amenities and general atmosphere. If not Crofton Park, is there anywhere else in Lewisham we should look where we could get a spacious 3 bed with a garden for around 600K, in the catchment of a good primary school?

Thanks so much!

SSofSE13 Tue 07-Oct-14 14:35:21

If you go more towards Ladywell, the trains are more frequent and run to London Bridge, Waterloo East, Charing Cross and Cannon Street, so more choice than from Crofton Park, though if you position yourself between the two you will have maximum choice!

This place is close to sought-after Gordonbrock and well within budget (perhaps enough to consider a loft extension, as bedroom 3 is a bit small).

Also closer to the two parks (Hilly Fields and Ladywell Fields) than most of CP (although Blythe Hill Fields is nice too, but a bit further from transport etc).

Cazz81 Tue 11-Nov-14 09:38:40

Hi, we moved to SE from N and loving it so far.
Crofton Park is lovely, you can walk to Honor Oak Park Station which has both the overground to Highbury/Islington via Shoreditch (20-30min) and train to London Bridge (10min).

Crofton Park, Brockley, Honor Oak & Ladywell have nice restaurants, cafs and deli. They are all walking distance and you also got the lovely park.

The Horniman Museum in Forest Hill s just a bus ride, has plenty of activities for kids and won Family Friendly Museum Award.

There is a community feel towards this area as well which i love vs north of the river.

In regards to school, there are a good numbers of ofsted 'good' schools in the area.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now