Zoom nursery Hither Green - any feedback from mums appreciated

(6 Posts)
BabyPoonchie Thu 09-Jun-11 22:29:45

Hi there, I have two shortlisted nurseries for my baby, Zoom and Headstart. I wondered if anyone has experienced Zoom and has feedback?
Many thanks

fapl Sun 12-Jun-11 22:01:51

My ds is in zoom 2 days a week. He loves it. They are regimented and follow routines with nappy changes, meal times and sleep etc. and always have forms you have to sign, however the staff do seem to genuinely like and enjoy looking after my ds. The outside space is small, which would bother me if he was there 5 days a week, but I take him to the park enough the rest of the week so for 2 days I find it acceptable. They do go out when they get the chance in a big trolley pushchair thing, but they do not always have the staff ratio to let them run around outside in the park when they do take them out. I think they love going out in it though because my ds has on numerous occassions tried to climb into it when I have picked him up. On Tuesdays in the babyroom they have a music man come in. Overall I would highly recommend them.

Beepbeepchoochoo Mon 13-Jun-11 21:46:03

That's good to hear! We've just applied for a place for my DS too, probably a long waiting list though..

ChocaMum Wed 03-Aug-11 23:26:28

Sorry this is so late but my DD and lots of other friends dc's go to zoom, I can't recommend it enough. Really lovely and approachable staff, great structure to the day, regular park trips to help make up for the small outside space, and they organise lots of parent activities too.

Headstart I've heard awful things about and a friend had to take her DS out if there after just the induction because of how awful the staff were. Made me want to cry when she told me what she'd seen.

I'd say zoom all the way!

sophiemcsws Fri 02-Sep-11 12:30:08

Sorry - I am late to this and you have probably made your choice. My daughter has been at Headstart for a year and yes there have been a few issues but I can't recommend it highly enough. She starts school in just over a week and when her teacher came to visit she couldn't believe how advanced she was. this is all down to the fabulous teacher that they have in the pre-school room (something that Zoom doesn't have) - Anne Eganda.
Headstart all the way.

michelle325 Mon 19-Sep-11 14:33:51

find information about nurseries in Hither Green and all of Lewisham

Day nurseries in Hither Green

You should find everything you need.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now