How did you find your Childminder/nanny? Advice please....

(6 Posts)
rosieroorah Tue 07-Jun-11 10:55:53

I'm back to work in September and need a brilliant childminder or nanny to look after my happy 18-months old daughter. Probably part-time, will confirm later. We are in Brockley.

Any recommendations or advice?

urbanewarrior Tue 07-Jun-11 11:02:57

we used this website to find our amazing nanny. I may have friends interested in a nanny share if that is something you'd be interested in (they are also in brockley).PM me if you're interested. Good luck with your search

thehat Tue 07-Jun-11 21:56:16

Lewisham has a child minding network thing - run by the council. Child minders sign up and suppport each other, undertake training together etc. Probably best to ring the town hall (Catford).

Catilla Thu 09-Jun-11 14:18:54

www.gumtree.com - three times successful! Expect quite a few unsuitable applicants but in among them some gems. Costs about £30 to advertise I think - so nothing like an agency!

Mazza08 Sat 02-Jul-11 13:20:01

Hi, I am looking for a childminder also. I have tried ringing lewisham council, but all I got was a very small list of childminders who were not in my area, or would do the school pick up that I need. Do you have any other details about the Lewisham Childcare network, I'm in central lewisham and am desperate for a Sept 11 start. Thanks.

kokoanna Wed 06-Jul-11 11:15:27

Message deleted by Mumsnet.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now