Primary and secondary schools around Leicester

(8 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

Kmparent2017 Wed 18-Oct-17 16:48:56

Hello ,
We are looking to move to Leicestershire next year and I have 3 kids. My daughter will start year 7 and twin boys in year 3 . We have looked at schools and all schools in oadby are oversubscribed. We then started to look at villages around Leicester and feel they will work for us if we places in schools. Broughton Astley is one village we zeroed in on. The secondary school Thomas Estley is an outstanding school but we do not know anyone who goes there. Any advise would be much appreciated. Also, how are the local primary schools ? We live in Reading and the kids go to a fantastic school.

Thank you

Kmparent2017 Wed 18-Oct-17 16:59:02

Sorry just realised there is no edit button and my post is full of typos.

LornaMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 19-Oct-17 11:16:02

Hi there OP,

We're going to send this over to our Leicester local site, you might get better replies over there.

We do hope that's okay and please give us a shout if there's anything else we can do.

Kmparent2017 Thu 19-Oct-17 11:36:30

Thank you . Much appreciated.

Wishfulmakeupping Thu 19-Oct-17 12:04:01

We live near broughton Astley and Thomas estley is a great secondary school- one of the primary schools in BA in particular is supposed to be good the others are ok. Badgerbrook in whetstone village is outstanding with a great reputation and feeds into Thomas estley too or there's the pastures school in narborough village also really nice but goes to different secondary.
Lutterworth secondary also has very good reputation.
I'd say the villages around Lutterworth, and south leics whetstone, littlethorpe Cosby and Narborough are much nicer than oadby personally.

Kmparent2017 Thu 19-Oct-17 17:02:11

Thank you wishfulmakeupping. Would you be able to tell me the name of the really good school on BA? Whetstone looks lovely but very expensive. I will look at other villages too.

Kmparent2017 Fri 20-Oct-17 16:03:41

Looked at houses in whetstone near leicester and they are lovely and great price too. When I searched previously I looked at whetstone north London and saw properties over a million and that completely threw me off. Thank you recommending whetstone.

Wishfulmakeupping Fri 20-Oct-17 16:36:08

Sorry it was old mill I was thinking of all 3 in broughton Astley are rated good but that has the better rep I think.
Definitely recommend whetstone depending on what you want but mainly professional families live here it's close to train station in narb for commuting. Be aware the catchment for badgerbrook school is tight and only covers part of whetstone pm me if you need any info good luck

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now