OK, so have Conkers got their act together with picnic places?

(4 Posts)
joeymaynard Fri 14-Feb-14 13:02:51

Last time I went to Conkers - years and years ago - there was no place you could eat a picnic indoors. A few people tried, but kept getting moved on by the staff. Lovely restaurant there, but I am looking for a cheap half-term day out, so not looking to eat out. The Space Centre has a GREAT indoor picnic area, where you are not made to feel like a criminal for taking a packed lunch. So does Snibston. I have to choose between the three for my big day out....does anyone know?

LocalEdLeicsshire Fri 14-Feb-14 16:44:08

Conkers have replied to a tweet, saying that they have a covered amphitheatre for picnics....does sound a little chilly, though.

ladytyndale Tue 25-Feb-14 21:24:14

This is probably a bit late for you now, but we were at conkers last week and there were plenty of people eating picnics indoors. Near the interactive floor bit, it was a very busy day so the tables were full, but plenty sitting and eating on the floor. We always take a picnic when we go and never been moved on, maybe they've changed their policy?

LocalEdLeicsshire Wed 26-Feb-14 09:37:27

That is good to hear ladytyndale. I like Conkers myself!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now