Leicestershire meet-ups are happening!

(8 Posts)
LocalEdLeicsshire Mon 13-Jan-14 10:31:11

Hello to everyone. It's a new year - and time to organise some Leicestershire meet-ups! We all know that the first months and years of motherhood can be isolating, if you don't have a friend nearby. But it doesn't have to be: Mumsnetters are here for you, both online and to meet for a coffee in real life.
As local editor, I'll be hosting a meet-up in South Leicestershire myself. The current plan is to meet in the children's room at the Garden Barn (here: take a look local.mumsnet.com/leicestershire/cafes/123777-the-garden-barn) between 10.30am and 12pm on Thursday 30th January. If you can't make that one, then please think of a different time and place and we'll see who we can get together. Ideally, we'd like people to meet up all over the county!
We're also looking for people to be 'local ambassadors' for Mumsnet Leicestershire - and potentially, editors for the local site too. It can be a good way to build up some skills and ease your way back into the world of work/start off on a whole new career! If you'd like to be more involved with your local site, why not come along to the meet-up for a chat?
If none of that convinces you, can I just say that the Garden Barn makes the very nicest chocolate cake I have EVER had....

HinckleyBarefooter Sat 01-Feb-14 13:33:59

How did the meet go ?
Hope it went well

LocalEdLeicsshire Mon 03-Feb-14 09:32:07

Hello! I had a lovely time, but it was not quite as well attended as I might have hoped! Still, nice cakes and good chat with the people who did come!

HinckleyBarefooter Tue 04-Feb-14 16:52:43

I'm pleased to hear that smile
I cant make daytimes ! But i did think of you !

DrBrownssavedmysanity Sun 16-Feb-14 17:53:16

Hi! I'd love to come along to your next meet up with DD (14months). I'm on public transport though so a city centre location would be ideal smile
I'm liking the sound of cake and a chat!

LocalEdLeicsshire Mon 17-Feb-14 15:21:06

Hello, DrBrownsavedmysanity! It would be great to meet up with you too. City centre is technically the Leicester Mumsnet site (rather than Leicestershire). Before I send you over to them (thus losing you from this site altogether!), can you tell me more or less where you're based? We might be able to arrange something more in your area.

DrBrownssavedmysanity Mon 17-Feb-14 16:08:52

Hi! I didn't realise I was on the wrong one grin I'm in New Parks. Thanks for getting back to me!

LocalEdLeicsshire Mon 17-Feb-14 19:14:44

Hello again. Well, this is the Leicester site link http://local.mumsnet.com/leicester, but it doesn't look as if it's actually active at the moment. You could click on their meet-ups bit and see if any are taking place? If not, come back to Leicestershire and we'll see what we can do here! We've been thinking about Newtown Linford - I don't know if that's served by public transport where you are? (I sympathise by the way with having to get buses - my eldest was 8 before I got a car, and I found it very difficult to get around from time to time.)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now