Leicestershire meet up?

(64 Posts)
Treblesallround Tue 18-Sep-12 14:43:53

Following on from the midlands thread, anyone up for a meet up? Maybe in October? Where are most people based? City or County?

rcs19 Tue 18-Sep-12 21:24:03

I'm far from posh, only been here a couple of months and I don't think it's catching! I have a 2yo DD and baby due in December. Often out Hinckley way, can't stay away from Wilkinsons.

issimma Tue 18-Sep-12 21:27:40

I'm south of Leicester too (Harboro'), but have a car and am happy to travel. Day times with toddler dd or evenings without (am pg though, so probably a sober early one!).

GurlwiththeFrothyCurl Tue 18-Sep-12 21:46:55

Market Bosworth is such a lovely place - nice for a meet up smile

Birnamwood Tue 18-Sep-12 22:12:50

Gurl, bosworth would indeed be a lovely place for a daytime meet up smile

Rcs, next time you come over to Hinckley, pm me and we could meet for a coffee? I can also point you in the direction of some good play groups.

GurlwiththeFrothyCurl Tue 18-Sep-12 22:16:13

Can't meet up during the day, except at the weekend, as I work full time.

memphis83 Tue 18-Sep-12 22:54:30

<waves> at issimma, also got a toddler wonder if we have bumped into each other!

issimma Wed 19-Sep-12 07:06:54

Hmm, we must have done! Dd is 19mo - we go to the church toddler group on thurs and swimming on fri. Dc2 due nov <panics>.
<deletes posting history wink>

issimma Wed 19-Sep-12 07:07:36

I had the best midwife ever from Hinckley at the LRI grin.

HauntedLittleLunatic Wed 19-Sep-12 09:20:49

You couldn't have. Cos I had the best mw ever at the LRI and she was from Barrow grin

issimma Wed 19-Sep-12 10:01:32

I also had an evil mw at LRI. Not sure where she was from a bad place.

TurquoiseGoldandOrangecat Wed 19-Sep-12 10:03:58

Hi all. I'd love to meet up, but might have to miss this one - I'm due on Sunday! But invite me to the next one please!!

twolittlemonkeys Wed 19-Sep-12 10:06:42

I'm definitely up for a meet up - I'm just South of the city, in Wigston. Can do daytimes (as both DSs are now in school - woohoo!) or some evenings. Can travel easily as I'm used to driving all over the place!

GreenEggsAndNichts Wed 19-Sep-12 12:11:24

North of Leicester. South of Nottingham. <cryptic>

rcs19 Wed 19-Sep-12 12:36:23

Thanks, Birnamwood, I will do.

HauntedLittleLunatic Wed 19-Sep-12 13:01:40

Hmm that narrows it down greeneggs...also describes me.

Iirc on a previous thread there were a lot of MNetters in the woodhouse/swithland neck of the woods that came out of the woodwork.

Based on this and previous thread I estimate that there are at least half a dozen MNettees within 5mile radius of me.

HauntedLittleLunatic Wed 19-Sep-12 13:03:16

(oh and I would prefer an evening and/or weekend meet. I would travel. All my kids are school age but I am a single parent and would need reasonable notice to arrange childcare)

memphis83 Wed 19-Sep-12 14:23:49

issimma don't panic, I don't think I have ever looked at a thread history of people, I work Thursdays and go swimming on a weekend or a Monday so only place we would have bumped into each other is the park or if you pass me when ds is crawling on the floor through St Mary's as he is pretending to be a dinosaur/tiger/dog! grin

issimma Wed 19-Sep-12 15:52:20

grin There are loads of babies and toddlers here - only met one other confessed MN-er though! We're in town and the park a lot, so we must have crossed paths at some point.

memphis83 Wed 19-Sep-12 18:41:34

I have never met another Mumsnetter apart from in Sainsburys a woman was all smiley and then notice Pombears (for DH) in my shopping and then she turned her back on me grin

radiohelen Wed 19-Sep-12 21:15:38

Hello! I'm a city bird. I'd love to do a meet up <rattles pombear packet>
I can travel wherever! wine

Treblesallround Thu 20-Sep-12 10:09:06

So, we need somewhere in reach of just about everywhere in the County, and a daytime meet, and an evening one.

How about one day during half term, or a Saturday if half term's too far off? Afternoon somewhere outdoors with kids, then early evening in a pub for those who can't make daytime? Should mean that most people can get to either or both? (or am I over optimistic about the weather?) Anyone got a better logistics brain than me?

So, suggestions:

1) Burbage Common for a walk then meet about 7pm at a pub nearby?
2) Beacon Hill for a walk then meet at the Old Bull's Head
3) Conkers with the kids then pub
4) Twinlakes then pub
5) Something out to the south of the county

Anyone got any other ideas (especially if the weather's crap)?

HauntedLittleLunatic Thu 20-Sep-12 12:00:44

I think there could be 2 or 3 needs which could be kept seperate - might be easier logistically, could be organised by different peeps? Would also help people to be included as there is a choice..

A daytime for those with preschoolers
Half term for those that want to meet with their school age kids.
Evening meet for those that want to ditch the kids.

Treblesallround Thu 20-Sep-12 12:03:29

Excellent plan, Haunted, and we can vary the venues. So we need 3 organisers. Who's doing which? <tries not to sound bossy>

issimma Thu 20-Sep-12 12:20:06

I'll do daytime with preschoolers grin. Pm me if you're up for it, with location and will attempt to be organised.

issimma Thu 20-Sep-12 12:20:34

Oh, and can I come to the evening one too?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now