Made to clean up their own vomit

(6 Posts)
FannyMcAdams Fri 01-Dec-17 21:47:00

I’d like some advice from parents out there please.

If your child woke during the night and was suffering bad sickness and diarrhoea and vomited in their bed (top bunk). Would you make them (still feeling very sick) climb back up the ladder with a bin bag and make them strip their bed and clean the mess up?
My next question is: would you expect this to happen to your child in a paid JUNIOR boarding school?
After cleaning the mess up the child was taken to the school medical centre where they continued to suffer more sickness.

I’d appreciate as many views as possible before I take matters further and to ensure I’m not overreacting.

mummymummums Fri 01-Dec-17 22:18:09

No I wouldn't expect that the child clears it up. The distinction between state and independent is not relevant except that your dc are sleeping at school. In a state school children don't clear up their own vomit. A caretaker or someone else would. Not a nice job but not a job for a sick child.

EatsFartsAndLeaves Sat 02-Dec-17 01:08:36

Did you make 2 threads on this? Is the school in Leeds?

FannyMcAdams Sat 02-Dec-17 08:22:41

Yes I posted in other topics. Sorry this is my first time on Mums Net and wasn't sure which topic to post in. Leeds area.

BrutusMcDogface Sat 02-Dec-17 08:27:08

You've got reams of responses in yesterday's thread.

expatmigrant Sat 02-Dec-17 09:05:19

Absolutely not...Not in junior or even in senior school. The houseparents are there to parent in your absence, which means they should be caring for him if he vomits. My DS is in senior boarding , and I would still expect the houseparents or matron to help him when he is not well, especially with continued vomiting.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now