Otley V Rothwell

(5 Posts)
Macbeth77 Tue 08-Dec-15 08:26:59

Eeek!! Big move within the next few weeks. It all seems to be happening so fast, dogs good to travel from next week so we are just tieing up dates and deciding do we head back for Xmas (and head home to Scotland for it) or see Xmas out here in NZ and head back early January.

We have been looking at Otley and Rothwell. Rothwell appeals as hubby will be working near Morley but Otley looks good to. So hard to decide on the other side of the world. Does anyone have any pros and cons for either? Are there any other nice village feel places near Morley/Rothwell?

Sorry to be picking your brains and thanks in advance.

whatsthatcomingoverthehill Fri 11-Dec-15 13:21:43

Otley is lovely, got great access to countryside, good schools, loads of pubs etc. I don't know as much about Rothwell, but South Leeds in general isn't as sought after, meaning you'll probably get more for your money. I think Woodlesford which is just next to Rothwell is supposed to be nice.

FineAsWeAre Sun 03-Jan-16 22:09:46

I don't know much about Rothwell either but Otley and the surrounding areas are lovely. I live in Yeadon near Otley and it's a fantastic place for families xx

Snowflake16 Mon 04-Jan-16 17:50:36

I live in Drighlington which is just outside Morley which is a nice place to live, but I work in Otley, the drive takes about 30-40 mins depending on traffic. I would definitely live in Otley if I could, but it's easier for my husband to be next to motorways for work. Otley has a lovely little town centre, lovely local walks, friendly people, some great little pubs and restaurants.

Macbeth77 Mon 18-Jan-16 18:55:15

Thanks everyone.

We committed to a house in Otley 😀 got the keys on the 23rd of December and moved in on the 27th. Loving it so far. Daughter started Prince Henry and really liking it. The commute is ok depending on what time you leave. Unfortunately I was quick to buy a car so I am playing chauffeur until my husbands company car gets delivered. Just need to meet some people, missing coffee/wine chats with the girls.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now