Late pregnancy itchiness and in need of advice!

(3 Posts)
Bathomson Wed 22-Jul-15 18:57:33

Hello all, I am currently 35+3 pregnant and have recently developed a rash literally everywhere imaginable! The midwife told me to take 4 Piritons a day to help the symptoms but I'm scared as the box says 1 a day and not during pregnancy/breast feeding! sad I have also tried calamine lotion but I have such sensitive skin that it made it worse. I take cool showers as often as I can but I am running out of ideas and finding it really hard to cope. Anyone going through something similar or have any advice? I am from the Pudsey area of Leeds also, so hello to all of you nearby! X x

Felix90 Fri 24-Jul-15 16:16:45

Hello! Has the midwife not referred you to have a blood test? I ended up with terrible itching all over at around the same time as you and it turned out to be obstetric cholestasis. Please push to be referred for the test as its really important it's dealt with if you do have it. It's very likely you don't have it but you never know. I was induced at 37 weeks because of it. Hope you get sorted smile

Haarlem Thu 30-Jul-15 23:03:20

Same here felix

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now