Plane Noise Far Headingley/West Park

(4 Posts)
icecreamthepony Mon 20-Jul-15 21:32:03

We are looking to buy a house in West Park area of Leeds and notice it is very close to the flight path for Leeds airport. Does anyone live near or on the flight path and is the noise a nuisance? Horsforth is v. popular with families but very close to the airport so was wondering what it's like living around there.

whatsthatcomingoverthehill Thu 23-Jul-15 09:40:49

I live in Horsforth under the flight path pretty close to the airport and it doesn't bother me. Doesn't disturb us at night or if inside watching TV for instance. If outside when a plane comes over, you can't carry on a conversation for about 20 seconds, so I guess that might annoy some people. The houses are a bit cheaper where I am compared to other areas of Horsforth because of the noise.

But that's being about as close as you are going to get. I wouldn't worry in the slightest about West Park. It's not a busy airport. There are some peak times where you might have a plane every 5 minutes say, but it's not like living next to Heathrow.

AnythingNotEverything Thu 23-Jul-15 17:14:14

I wouldn't worry about west park either. We're much closer and there's a hill between us and west park which also takes a lot of the noise.

I think it's only noticeably noisy when you get as close as Horsforth Station. Even then it's really not that bad. As pp said it's not Heathrow.

SnowCurl Thu 06-Aug-15 10:05:49

We live on the west park border near Richmond house school. The planes do fly over but the noise isn't a problem for us. Personally, my young uns like spotting the planes so I only notice the noise when its pointed out. That could be just me though smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now