Moving to Ilkley - schools advice please

(3 Posts)
Belgraviayorks74 Tue 11-Nov-14 13:44:52

We're hoping to move to Ilkley over the next few months. We rented a property here 11 years ago, then moved over to the Wakefield area to be closer to family. I've made some initial enquiries with the Council and directly with 3 of the primary schools and I've been informed that they are all oversubscribed (for year 1 and year 3). We'd ideally like to be in the Ben Rhydding area and as we're close to a sale on our house here, I think we may end up renting initially as property in Ilkley seems to move quick. Has anyone else made this move? Do you have any advice on moving to a new area and not getting into one of the schools? Anyone new to Ilkley with general advice for a family with young children? Many thanks.

whatsthatcomingoverthehill Tue 11-Nov-14 15:29:12

I don't know Ilkley very well I'm afraid, but as far as schools go would you be willing to drive a bit to somewhere like Askwith?

Belgraviayorks74 Tue 11-Nov-14 19:37:25

Thanks for the reply. Ideally, we'd like to be in the catchment school as easier for me to get to work by train after the school drop off. Askwith does look a lovely school though so thanks for mentioning as it's something to consider.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now