Seeking 40 something Mums of young children!!

(26 Posts)
Haarlem Mon 30-Jun-14 22:53:45

Am I the only one? The Mums at story time at my local library are all loads younger than me!

BrightlineBrowneye Sat 05-Jul-14 10:41:04

Well I'm not in Leeds yet, but am relocating to the area very soon. I'm 41 with dd 4 years old and ds 1 year old and would be grateful to find a few non-twentysomething mums! Whereabouts in Leeds are you?

jbet Mon 07-Jul-14 21:53:18

hi there

I am 40 in jan 2015. I am originally from Yorkshire but have lived all over the place until 6 years ago when we returned back upt'north!!
I have a sixteen year old boy, a thirteen year old girl and a three year old girl. I work three days a week and totally understand the relocation thing as I've done it so many times.

I love my friends and would love to help you if and when you relocate!!

I live in LS16....

Take care jbet x

BrightlineBrowneye Thu 10-Jul-14 11:46:27

Thanks jbet. I'm feeling very daunted by the whole relocation thing at the moment so it'd be good to find someone who understands! We've just had an offer accepted on a house in LS8, so fingers crossed that'll go through. Can I message you when we've finally made it to Leeds ? X

SeesawMarjorieDaws Thu 10-Jul-14 11:48:52

Brightline, you will find plenty of 'older' type mums in LS8. It's a great area to live in, good luck with your move smile.

BrightlineBrowneye Tue 15-Jul-14 00:21:08

Thanks. x

Haarlem Tue 15-Jul-14 22:46:59

Hello! Great to hear from you. I'm in Chapel Allerton. I turn 40 in a couple of weeks & I have a 3 year old daughter.

Have you relocated yet Bright? Whereabout are you both?

Haarlem Tue 15-Jul-14 22:48:34

Oh, forgot to say that I work 3 days a week

BrightlineBrowneye Wed 16-Jul-14 00:37:35

We'll be in north Oakwood, near Gledhow valley woods, so not too far from Chapel Allerton. We haven't relocated yet (selling our house & trying to buy house at the moment). We're hoping to be moved by end August but probably more likely sometime in September. I'll get in touch once we're there! X

Haarlem Wed 16-Jul-14 08:31:57

Ok. Hope your move is as stress free as a move can be

BrightlineBrowneye Wed 16-Jul-14 14:42:00

It's not managing to be so far, but thanks.

Haarlem Wed 16-Jul-14 15:28:31

): I remember the day we moved house. My daughter was about 12 months old, we both had streaming colds & my partner was working away in Bristol. It was a really sweltering hot day too.

It'll be worth it. Leeds is a good place to live. Where are you relocating from?

delilahnancy Wed 30-Jul-14 23:03:05

Haarlem I'm in chapel allerton too and 40 with a daughter aged 4 and son aged 2, nearly 3 in fact. I have met some lovely mums in the area although most if them are under 40 but at least over 30 so don't make me feel too old! I work four days a week. Happy to meet up with you, my eldest is about to start school but my son will be missing her and looking for new playmates smile Brightline would be good to meet you too, sounds like you are moving the other side if the woods to where we live - I just responded to your other thread re: schools x

Haarlem Thu 31-Jul-14 23:37:50

Hi Delilah (:

I work 4 days a week too. I've recently increased from 3 days. I have Fridays off with my daughter. We live near the Mustard Pot pub, so pretty central.

Have you moved yet Bright?

BrightlineBrowneye Tue 05-Aug-14 00:56:42

Sorry for long delay Haarlem and delilah, am too stressed and busy to even remember mumsnet at the moment! We still haven't heard whether our mortgage will be approved…bank is being so s l o w, it's all a bit nerve-wracking. I wanted to have moved before the start of the Autumn term as my daughter is starting reception year (if we find her a place), but I don't know how likely that will be. I'm really hoping we don't lose the house as it's lovely and it seems such a nice spot near the park and the woods. It's good to feel I've made contact with a couple of people who will be not too far away! Haarlem, we're moving from Bedfordshire, so it's a pretty big move for us. My husband is already up there as his job has started already, work are renting a little flat for him, so I'm left here with the two children and a house to pack up….hmmm... I'm sure it will all seem worth it when it's done and we're settled in !

Haarlem Tue 05-Aug-14 08:23:59

Am crossing fingers for you Bright, hope things start progressing as soon as possible. It must be very difficult being separated like that. Xx

Lndnmummy Thu 14-Aug-14 11:11:13

I will be joining you all in the new year. I am 37 and will be relocating with my 2 1/2 year old from London in January. Husband will stay in London initially but hoping not for too long. I have posted a thread asking for advice on areas to move to - so would really welcome some suggestions from you all.
x

Hartley73 Sun 17-Aug-14 21:13:02

Hi jbet, I'm 41 and in ls16 too. Moved here in mat leave and now have 5 month old son. To pick your brain do you know of any good baby/ toddler groups in the area? Needing to widen our social circle !

Haarlem Tue 09-Sep-14 10:46:15

Sorry, I don't. I never went to any. A friend of mine goes to one at the Baptist church in Headingley & she says it's really friendly. She also goes to one at Wrangthorne ( unsure of spelling) in Hyde Park. Maybe you could google these for more info?

BrightlineBrowneye Thu 02-Oct-14 22:08:47

If anyone is still keeping an eye on this thread - we are (finally!) moving to Leeds next Friday (10th Oct). Haarlem/ jbet/ delilahnancy/ anyone else, be good to meet up if you still fancy it.... X

Haarlem Sun 19-Oct-14 19:24:05

Hey, hope your move went well & that you're beginning to settle into your new home?
I'm usually around on Fridays with my little girl ( I work Mon - Thurs). We usually stay pretty local to chapel allerton on Fridays- go to the library, the playground in the park, that sort of thing.
Happy to meet up (:

BrightlineBrowneye Fri 23-Jan-15 21:50:19

Haarlem, Jbet, Lndnmummy, Hartley73: Anyone want to meet up? It's been taking me a while to find my feet here since our move, we're settling in a bit more now though. I'd love to meet a few more mums round here - I'm missing my mum friends back home!

LeedsMummy Tue 10-Feb-15 09:54:13

Hello,
Whereabouts are you? I live in LS8 and have a 4 and a 1 year old. Hope your move went well! X

BrightlineBrowneye Tue 10-Feb-15 14:40:26

Hi LeedsMummy, nice to hear from someone else in LS8! I'll message you with my details.

Haarlem Sat 06-Jun-15 13:23:49

Am late to the party! grin I've been working full time as well as doing an MSC so haven't been on here in months. How are you all doing? Was there a meet up?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now