Relocating to Leeds - I is black, hubby white, kids mixed

(3 Posts)
Tolony Wed 12-Mar-14 23:30:45

Hello lovely mummies
I saw the post where Horsforth was recommended hands-down for schools/homes/commutes/community.
I am black African, my husband is white. We have two 'dual heritage' aka mixed race sons aged 6 & 4. I am interested to hear if Horsforth is 'multicultural'. My parents-in-law live in Scholes and we are very clear that sort of area would not suit us or our boys.
We're coming for a proper reccie in the Easter hols, but I'm interested to hear what you think so I can short list
Thank you

newnickname1234 Sat 15-Mar-14 23:12:30

'Multicultural' is not an adjective I would use to describe Horsforth. Compared to some other areas of Leeds, I would say that a relatively high proportion of Horsforth's population would tick the "white British" box if asked to describe their ethnic origin. Not in any way trying to put you off Horsforth - just doing my best to answer your question accurately.

Aberchips Tue 18-Mar-14 13:55:31

I think you would be fine in Horsforth - the other poster is probably right in saying that it's not "multicultural" but I would say it's probably somewhere where you wouldn't have problems fitting in as a multicultural family (not sure if that's the right description to use?)

Most of that side of Leeds I think you would find to be fine - Horsforth, West Park, Moortown, Roundhay/Oakwood.

Where do you live now OP?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now