Thackray museum

(4 Posts)
Limpetsmum Sat 15-Feb-14 07:09:48

Any good for a two year old??

Any other wet weather options in Leeds (other than soft play and tropical world) that will take up a couple of hours?

Not looking for activities further a field - just looking for something very local to do with my son this morning.

Anyone recommend the armouries for a two year old?

Bekabeech Sat 15-Feb-14 07:32:20

I can't answer your question, but thanks for asking it. We're coming up to Leeds area for 1/2 term and the Thackery museum sounds like just the place DD2 would like to visit.

ThinkingOfCake Sat 15-Feb-14 07:35:39

Abbey house museum is really good for toddlers and children. Lots of toys to play with and dressing up.

helentheginner Sat 15-Feb-14 07:43:26

Hmm depends on your two year old- my kids call it the 'dirty museum' because they've recreated Victorian Leeds with all the smells and dirt and people getting TB- that bit can be a bit scary for little ones. The rest of it is fine and they also have a lot of half term activities which are free.

Abbey House is good as pp said, the Armouries is a more traditional museum but they do have a bit upstairs where they can do dressing up, colouring medieval helmets and whatnot. There is a charge for that.

Leeds Museum is okay, haven't been for ages.

You could try kids am at the vue cinema- it costs £1!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now